Random Access Memory

Random-access memory (usually known by its acronym, RAM) is a form of computer data storage. Today, it takes the form of integrated circuits that allow stored data to be accessed in any order (i.e., at random). The word random thus refers to the fact that any piece of data can be returned in a constant time, regardless of its physical location and whether or not it is related to the previous piece of data.

Modern types of writable RAM generally store a bit of data in either the state of a flip-flop, as in SRAM (static RAM), or as a charge in a capacitor (or transistor gate), as in DRAM (dynamic RAM), EPROM, EEPROM and Flash. Some types have circuitry to detect and/or correct random faults called memory errors in the stored data, using parity bits or error correction codes. RAM of the read-only type, ROM, instead uses a metal mask to permanently enable/disable selected transistors, instead of storing a charge in them.

"I got this information from WIKIPEDIA"

---------
www[dot]joshforce[dot]blogspot[dot]com

Replies

• Amit kumar Gupta
    Amit kumar Gupta
    can anyone tell me exactly about the DDRAM ,SDDRAM ,TTRAM and ZRAM ???

-------------
    #-Link-Snipped-#[dot]joshforce[dot]blogspot[dot]com
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Amit - copy pasting information from the web won't help. You need to initiate discussions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kevin Pietersen Expansive with the bat and explosive with the bombast, the South African-born Kevin Pietersen is not one for the quiet life. Shane Warne Forget the scandals for a...
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting this is the link please download the file and help me with the answers of as many questions as you can I may...
Sachin Tendulkar slammed his 44th hundered at Premdasa stadium This was his 8th against Sri Lanka India did a fantastic job led by Tendulkar to set a target of 320...
Hi CEans..A silly and mystery question for you .. If we divide the word Heart it will appear as He+art .Why it was like He+art but not sheart dividing it...
I have a 20" lcd monitor. Of late there is certain visible flickering, which I can't seem to resolve. I have already tried changing the refresh rate but it is...