Radio interference ?

ever noticed that when you are working on your P.C with your cellphone in your pocket or on the P.C table (or somewhere very close to the P.C), and when you receive a call or SMS, then before the phone can ring or vibrate, the P.C speakers will start making some kind of a beeping sound.

But however i found that home theatre speakers do not have the same reaction. what is the explanation behind this ?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Not sure but as mobile is working on High frequency that might cause such noise. in Home theater speaker there should be some protection.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The land line phones, if on, also make a sound. In my opinion this has to do with the impedance of the speakers. High power speakers probably do not respond to a low level disturbance as much as the low power speakers in PCs and handsets.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bioramani
    The land line phones, if on, also make a sound. In my opinion this has to do with the impedance of the speakers. High power speakers probably do not respond to a low level disturbance as much as the low power speakers in PCs and handsets.
    which means that the tv and hometheatre speakers are high-power ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    which means that the tv and hometheatre speakers are high-power ?
    Those amps have much higher ratings.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey can u mail me the apti paper,the selection process starts vry soon for us,my mail id is preethamvit@gmail.com. PLEASE SEND ME ASAP
What are the basics should i know or what are the references should i prefer for my project"wheel chair control using RF"?
Seeing No puzzle being posted from past three days, thought of posting one, but a simple one. There is a pond, and it has four temples around it. The duty...
is there any sensors to detect the bad odour.......and can we avoid the bad odour coming from industries like paper industry
i am a electrical engg. final year student . got here while surfing net for my project. can anybody help me for my project 🎉