Question on Mobile Broadband

Nikumbh
@nikumbh-lmTCgS โ€ข Oct 27, 2024

Hi Folks,

This is a general question that raised in me. I'm using a BSNL 3g data plan, I'm supposed to be in another state(another network circle) for some days. There I tried the mobile network, where the 3G broadband(HSPA/WCDMA) is automatically changed to 2G broadband(EDGE) ie., I'm unable to access the 3G broadband. I don't know why? Could anyone pls clarify me........

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Anand Tamariya

    @anand-tamariya-DnfjEX • Nov 25, 2013

    The roaming network doesn't support 3G - in such cases you are forced to 2G network.

  • Nikumbh

    @nikumbh-lmTCgS • Nov 25, 2013

    Take the scenario as, If I use 2G network, in roaming the result would be....?

  • Anand Tamariya

    @anand-tamariya-DnfjEX • Nov 26, 2013

    No change. 3G networks support 2G but not the other way round.

  • KakasahebE

    @kakasahebe-9VDjdJ • Nov 26, 2013

    I also using 3G Bsnl Card.
    But i am not going in roaming as well i got "EDGE" Type Range....
    ....My Data Card is on Auto mode....so it automatically changes the range...EDGE to HSPA or UMTPS.

  • Nikumbh

    @nikumbh-lmTCgS • Nov 26, 2013

    NikumbhTake the scenario as, If I use 2G network, in roaming the result would be....?

    When I use 2G network, the connection terminates in few minutes... I don't know why it happens.

  • KakasahebE

    @kakasahebe-9VDjdJ • Nov 27, 2013

    I think u need to keep in Auto mode ...so automatically ..this will synchronized.....& we know

    Here are the speed ranges of the various mobile wireless strandards commonly used in the US today:

    GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) 2G -- 9.6Kbps
    GPRS (General packet radio services) 2.5G -- 35Kbps to 171kbps
    EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution) 2.75G -- 120Kbps to 384Kbps
    UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) 3G -- 384Kbps to 2Mbps
    HSPA (software upgrade to UMTS) 3.5G -- 600Kbps to 10Mbps, averages 1-3Mbps
    WiMAX/LTE "4G" -- 3Mbps to 6Mbps average, 10Mbps+ peak download speeds.

  • KakasahebE

    @kakasahebe-9VDjdJ • Nov 27, 2013

    Sometime it may depend on firmware as well........Some firmware(Software).
    till synchronized ....Software keep Connection alive.

  • Nikumbh

    @nikumbh-lmTCgS • Nov 27, 2013

    @#-Link-Snipped-# :Thank you very much for the info.