Question on Mobile Broadband

Hi Folks,

This is a general question that raised in me. I'm using a BSNL 3g data plan, I'm supposed to be in another state(another network circle) for some days. There I tried the mobile network, where the 3G broadband(HSPA/WCDMA) is automatically changed to 2G broadband(EDGE) ie., I'm unable to access the 3G broadband. I don't know why? Could anyone pls clarify me........

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    The roaming network doesn't support 3G - in such cases you are forced to 2G network.
  • Nikumbh
    Nikumbh
    Take the scenario as, If I use 2G network, in roaming the result would be....?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    No change. 3G networks support 2G but not the other way round.
  • KakasahebE
    KakasahebE
    I also using 3G Bsnl Card.
    But i am not going in roaming as well i got "EDGE" Type Range....
    ....My Data Card is on Auto mode....so it automatically changes the range...EDGE to HSPA or UMTPS.
  • Nikumbh
    Nikumbh
    Nikumbh
    Take the scenario as, If I use 2G network, in roaming the result would be....?
    When I use 2G network, the connection terminates in few minutes... I don't know why it happens.
  • KakasahebE
    KakasahebE
    I think u need to keep in Auto mode ...so automatically ..this will synchronized.....& we know

Here are the speed ranges of the various mobile wireless strandards commonly used in the US today:

GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) 2G -- 9.6Kbps
    GPRS (General packet radio services) 2.5G -- 35Kbps to 171kbps
    EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution) 2.75G -- 120Kbps to 384Kbps
    UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) 3G -- 384Kbps to 2Mbps
    HSPA (software upgrade to UMTS) 3.5G -- 600Kbps to 10Mbps, averages 1-3Mbps
    WiMAX/LTE "4G" -- 3Mbps to 6Mbps average, 10Mbps+ peak download speeds.
  • KakasahebE
    KakasahebE
    Sometime it may depend on firmware as well........Some firmware(Software).
    till synchronized ....Software keep Connection alive.
  • Nikumbh
    Nikumbh
    @#-Link-Snipped-# :Thank you very much for the info.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME A CLEAR IDEA ABOUT INVESTMENT CASTING?
The year 2013 has been a great one for Micromax Mobiles, one of the biggest consumer electronics company in India, as the country witnessed the launch of a series of...
Sony India has brought to the Indian shores its three new cameras with the launch of Sony Cyber-Shot RX-10, Sony Alpha 7 and Alpha 7R. Among these cameras, the Sony...
WickedLeak has launched its new Android Jelly Bean powered phablet, the Wammy Titan 3. This phablet has a 5.7 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution IPS panel display...
As we all know Android 4.4 Kitkat has been released by Google and android-fans and gadget-owners all over the world are looking forward to receiving this update on their smartphone...