query for power calculation of AM wave

AM wave is given by (for single tone modulation)
S[SUB]am[/SUB]= V[SUB]c[/SUB]cosw[SUB]c[/SUB]t +mV[SUB]c[/SUB]/2 cos (w[SUB]c[/SUB]+w[SUB]m[/SUB])t + mV[SUB]c[/SUB]/2 cos(w[SUB]c[/SUB]-w[SUB]m[/SUB])t

power=V[SUB]c[/SUB][SUP]2[/SUP]/2+ m[SUP]2[/SUP]V[SUB]c[/SUB][SUP]2[/SUP]/8+m[SUP]2[/SUP]V[SUB]c[/SUB][SUP]2[/SUP]/8

here why do we take the resistance as 1??

Replies

• Sagar07
    Sagar07
    This is simply for the sake of simplicity, it has got no specific xplanations..... and whn we consider resistance as 1 ohm, power is called "normalized power"....
  • einstein.pankaj
    einstein.pankaj
    thanks sagar
  • Sagar07
    Sagar07
    u r welcome...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the placement process for BSNL? Do they take technical interviews? Has anyone appeared for BSNL in campus placements? Here are a few questions that appear in their aptitude...
I heard Blue Star visits campuses in some cities. For what branches does it visit? Could anyone share their interview process? The aptitude papers for Blue Star are shared here:
i was wondering what is a better laptop? i want a netbook laptop but i can't decides between the 2 processors please give me a hand and tell me what...
Hey guys, I've found this website where you get GATE books for CS, EC, EE and ME... I don't know how many of you know it... www.techvyom.com
I know its too early but still..in 2014 whom to vote for??? Congress seem to be bathing in cases of corruption, anti-democratic practices ... BJP doesn't look like holding the...