CrazyEngineers
  • A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened.

A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "seven " and was let in.

A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "Four" and was let in.

The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "eight."
    But he was not let in. What should have he said?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • silverscorpion

MemberSep 26, 2011

He should have said six, as the required number is one more than half the original number.

ie., one more than half of twelve is seven, and one more than half of six is four.
    So, one more than half of ten is six.

But the problem is, wat will happen if the doorman says an odd number..
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • CIVILPRINCESS

MemberSep 26, 2011

Frooty
    A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened.

A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "seven " and was let in.

A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "Four" and was let in.

The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "eight."
    But he was not let in. What should have he said?
    he should have said 4? i think it is the number of digits+1. am i right?
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorSep 26, 2011

I also think the answer should be 4. CP's logic is correct.
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberSep 26, 2011

AbraKaDabra
    I also think the answer should be 4. CP's logic is correct.
    This is the problem with puzzles. Both could be correct. If the watchman was instructed to challenge with even numbers only SS would be right. CP would be right without such restriction. Insufficient data to decide conclusively.
    Cancel
  • Radhika Deshpande

MemberSep 26, 2011

Yes, answer is 4.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register