Proud to be a blood donor

blood3
Yes its a very sensitive and a serious issue.I am proud to say that I am a blood donor and I am here to ignite awareness to those who have no idea on blood donation.
Blood is considered as the most precious element in the world and each and every drop of blood saves thousands of who are in need.Though the number of donors had significantly increased the need of blood is always greater than the blood stock.
things you must know about Blood scarcity:
  • Every year our India need about 4crore units of blood but the units out there were only 40lakhs.
  • More than 38000 donors are needed to satisfy the need of blood.
  • More than 1million people in India were diagnosed of Cancer and they need blood for their chemotherapy treatment.
  • A single car accident may require about 100 units of blood.
blood 2
O-ve (red c ells) that can be given to all blood groups but short in supply.Most people avoid blood donation because they feel fear about the process about blood extraction and fear of needles size.
I want to convey my experience friends.I had too faced the fear on my first blood donation but the feeling of saving a life helped to overcome the fear.It will take just 5 minutes to extract blood from us.blood

About 350ml of blood will be counted as 1 unit.A male can donate blood once in 3 months and 4months for female.The blood will be manufactured inside your body in a day and you dont want to panic about the work being stopped.All can continue their natural work in a day.A small rest is enough to bring back you in action.
Everyone between 18-60 yrs of age are eligible to donate blood.they shoul weight more than 45kg with a hemoglobin count of 12.5gm% in blood.A person who had drunken cant give blood .

I am proud to be a blood donor and i wish you should also accommodate me in this blood donating community.register in the blood donation websites and help the needy in correct time.

Following links may give a detailed information on blood donation,facts,queries,etc.

I request @#-Link-Snipped-# to make it a sticky so that it can help in creating awareness between people as I consider media is the best source to reach people.
I wish all CEans join us and be proud that your a blood donor
You are the Hero CEans If you are a blood donor.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've even donated platelets! 😲
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thumbs up for @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Hope this thread made into sticky......
  • Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    Awesome I donate blood twice a year without fail at the blood donation camps in college, and also when I get calls from the blood banks. I had donated platelets once!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am seriously under weight so I cant donate blood. However I donated blood to my friend's dad while he was undergoing a surgery.

I was hospitalized for about 2 days after that 😀

So while creating awareness we also need to have a list of Do's and dont's as well.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am happy that my weight is high enough for a donation

Doing a more work to build weight I am planning to donate blood real soon

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, Basically I am from B.E mechanical Department completed in 2012 and My interest is to get into IT field ..For that I have to study all the computer...
please help me in solving my problem related to Operation Research.... 😔 no one is helping me.... 😔 i am crying ;(
a group which consists of people who are superior to you (aspects may be education,skills,economy etc.,) or a group in which you are superior in anyone of these aspects? explain...
Gasoline powered tools used at construction site emit carbon monoxide, and in enclosed construction setups, they may cause poisoning. In order to solve this problem, students at Virginia Tech have...
I know that, all are fond of awesome desktop wallpapers. Most of the CEans would be switching the wallpapers,daily. Well, I even change wallpapers frequently every 2-3 days. This thread...