prospects of nanotechnology in india

I want to know, what are the prospects of nanotechnology in india ?

Replies

• Ayan saha
    Ayan saha
    what are the prospects of nanotechnology in india?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ayan saha
    I want to know, what are the prospects of nanotechnology in india ?
    Assuming that you are asking about career prospects, let me share some information that I have gathered from across the web.
    If you have a degree in Nanotechnology, you can get a job in a biotech company. The work in such companies consists of fabrication of miniature systems and devices to be used in nano-medicine or working on a nanoparticle-based molecular system for detecting biological warfare agents.
    If you plan to go for pharmaceutical companies, you may find work related to new therapeutic drugs.
    If you are interested in R&D, various research programmes in Nanotechnology are funded by the Government and universities across the country.

I think you must be aware of the fact that NanoTech is related to many different engineering disciplines.
    For example -
    1. Chemical Engineers - They perform synthesis, functionalism characterizations, and optimization of materials.
    2. Mechanical Engineers - They are responsible for the design, production and testing of machines, instruments, controls, engines, heat transfer systems etc.
    3. Material Engineers - They design the methods by virtue of which natural substances get changed into newer, stronger, and more resistant materials with unique properties.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Moreover, since nanotechnology impacts all major sectors like solar energy, aerospace, environment, telecommunications, computing, medicine, military etc. it is estimated that by the year 2015, nanotech sector could become a $1 trillion industry.

It would be great, if you ask more specific questions. 😀
  • Ayan saha
    Ayan saha
    1. ok, let me be presice , since nanotechnology is new to india, which are the companies which recruit nanotech students & in which sector they get the job?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Theory is important and forms the base for the practicals - that's what we've been told since long. But from my experience, no one really likes to attend theory lectures....
Hello All! I am new to this forum and i am in the need of my final year project.. I need coded project urgently😔 I've little knowledge of ASP.net and...
What is meant by the term 'detonation' in the context of mechanical engineering? Can someone explain this term, its use as to where, why and how? Please reply.
Am final year BTech student.MY DISCIPLINE IS applied electronics and instrumentation.
I like electronics and instrumentation a lot. Currently working on projects in Labview. Hope to see more Labview folks here.