Project ideas for Raspberry Pi - CS/IT Engineers

Let us discuss the ideas for projects on Raspberry Pi in this thread. A lot of computer science and IT third and final year students can use these to come up with great projects. We can't ignore the capabilities of this small ARM processor.

I will give it a start with a few ideas -
1. Alarm Clock based on Raspberry Pi. The one where the user can select a particular radio frequency to be played or Multiple alarms with flags for weekends or something like what will turn your lights on.

2. Emulation Box
Check these:
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

3. We can have ideas where Raspberry Pi is integrated into something like keyboards, external HDD enclosures, retro game consoles, retro PCs, USB Hubs, etc

Keep adding your ideas to this list.

Replies

• IrwinDavid
    IrwinDavid
    I would like to use a Pi as a lap counter and timer for Scalextrix. Does anyone have ideas for suitable sensors - which I guess would need to be track mounted to avoid external interference - maybe a small infra red sensor?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Third and Final year mechanical engineering students may pick up this idea for their college projects. The idea is based on John Deere's TANGO E5 Lawnmower. The project would aim...
Here is a list of project ideas for projects of Electronics & Communication (Telecommunication) Engineers. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as...
Here is a list of project ideas for projects for Visual Basic. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects....
Apple's just announced the refreshed line of Macbooks with Retina Display and Macbook Air with new hardware configuration. To me, the prices look so exorbitant that I'd recommend a 2011...
Samsung has opened up about how they kept the SIII a top secret. The lead engineers didn't even talk about his job to his kid or wife. The company produce...