Project-for college

hi ...i want to implement an application in my colg website.

I want that the monthly reports of students which are sent to parents by post should be online on colg website. so that parents can log -in and get the status of their child , his/her marks etc. and can interact with teachers also..
I want this in html.....

pls help me out...how should I start this?

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Neha Kochhar
    hi ...i want to implement an application in my colg website.

I want that the monthly reports of students which are sent to parents by post should be online on colg website. so that parents can log -in and get the status of their child , his/her marks etc. and can interact with teachers also..
    I want this in html.....

pls help me out...how should I start this?
    Hi Neha,

what about the back-end? I mean it is not possible in HTML to generate the reports automatically. You can do one thing make few database tables in whic records of students will be kept and will be updated evry month and then based on their marks and aggregate and average, a report will be generated whenever a student's parents will enter their child' details like roll no and name etc.

come with more things I will surely help you in this but honestly speaking it is not possible only in html, if you want that way.ok😀
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Hey Neha,I am not good with programming but you can surely add one more application,apart from detail reports,you can also add sending the report in an e-mail and it replies will be directly send to the concerne teachers and the principle!!!
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    oh thanku so much 4 that additional features. i will surely add that . but, first i want some idea about doing all this. i know it will require some database . but i do'nt knw where should i create that database, whether in sql, ms-access . Also, i do'nt hav any idea abt connectivity of html with database
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Go with mysql (latest). For front-end, php could be a good choice.
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    php is ok but the site where i need to add this feature is already in html. and 2nd thing i do'nt have any knowledge about php
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    I would suggest php and mysql.With ms-access you will face lot of problems.
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    but i do'nt know abc of php. can't it be with html ? and can't we use any other back-end other than sql?
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    HTML is used for creating static pages.For creating dynamic pages and interacting with databases you need language like PHP.Instead of php you can use other technologies like JSP,ASP etc.But PHP is easier.
    About database,you can use other databases like oracle.But i have seen most of the sites using mysql.I don't know the reason behind that.
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    can i use javascript with HTML and sql ?

If yes, then pls give me some detailed info on how to start and a brief overview of implementing dis application.
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Javascript is client side scripting language.It is executed on client machine.
    But php,jsp,asp all are server side scripting languages.These scripts are executed on server machine and they generate static pages which are then sent to client.
    Consider a simple example to print current date and time.If code is written using javascript,the date and time on client machine is printed and if written in jsp,date and time on server machine is printed.
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    it means i should prefer php n mysql 4 that.

pls tell me a simple project with new idea in vb.net ?
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    reply me abt some new idea of project in vb.net
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @Neha Why you want new ideas Neha? What happened to your last one?

Now after looking at CEans demands for PHP and MYSQL, it looks like now I should also make a project in it .

* Thinks should I start learning them and sharing information here soon 😉*
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    actually 2 my last idea nobody ans in favour of dat. I mean I asked them that I want 2 implement dat idea using HTMl,Javascript and some database connectivity .but I do'nt knw abt which database is easy 2 use wid HTML?

Everyone replied me 2 use PHP n Mysql but the prob is dat i do'nt knw abc of PHP n Mysql.

shalini pls help me out of dis.I want to do that idea in HTML,javascript.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey neha,i have seen guys using MS-excel as a database and that too for huge data!!! i think shalini,and other comp.engineers here will be in better position to help you!!!
  • Neha Kochhar
    Neha Kochhar
    How MS-Excel is used to connect with HTML?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't post everything here. For the technical queries, you may post them in technical discussion section 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi !!! i am doing my final year project and got struck in between because we need to calculate the ambassador old model fuel pump injection pressure. so please help...
Can u provide me with some interesting project topics...preferably related to electrodynamics
Name: Peter Engineering Trade: Screw Machine Tools, Rotary Broaching Tools Location: Clinton Township, MI, USA Occupation: Employed Engineer / Marketing Mgr. at Slater Tools Inc. Work Experience: 5 yrs here...
So, WHY does 111,111,111 * 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321 look so amazing? Is there a rule that affects combinations of other numbers the way this problem uses the number 1? For...
When I used 2001, torque was low for a unipolar stepper motor When I used 2003, it was a lot better. I need more torque though,,, would the ULN2803 work...