problems in programming

hello people,
i have three problems if someone could help

1. what is the command to put pixel in DEV-CPP. because it does not have graphics.h and i dont know much about allegro library.

2. how can i measure the execution time of a program in dev-cpp. for example i asked user radius of circle, now counter starts and program calculates the area of circle. as soon the area is calculated counter stops. and along with area the time taken by program to calculate it is shown too.

3. i have a hardware ( say microcontroller) whose one port is connected to pc and other to a device (say robot or micromouse). the program to run the device is uploaded in my hardware. when i execute this, hardware sends signal to device. but i want to read those signals using MATLAB that are being sent to device. DAQ toolbox can help me, yet i dont know how. or any other way to accomplish it?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I can answer question 3 for you..

But you gave the answer yourself in the question. You mentioned Data Acquisition Toolbox. That's what you're gonna use.

If you're not experienced with the toolbox, no problem. There are enough built in tutorials in Matlab itself to get you started.

I'd recommend you use parallel port, because it's easier. To connect to parallel port and to monitor it, matlab has many functions. You just have to create an object to connect to the parallel port and do your stuff.

You start coding it. If you face any problems, post the code here and I'll look into it.. 😀
  • thechamp
    thechamp
    so nice of you if you could check my code in future.
    but someof my queries about DAQ,

the port which is sending signal from hardware to device is different from the port which connects my hardware to PC. can it still read the signal from the port connecting hardware and device?

to use command "daqregister('adapter')" i need to know the vendor type of my hardware. how do i find it. even if the hardware is my cellphone, what would be vandor type of it.
  • thechamp
    thechamp
    is there someone "crazy" enough to help me??
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I don't know about dev cpp and all
    but for 1st ques ?Why don't you download graphic.h file from internet ?
  • thechamp
    thechamp
    @goyal
    ya i can download graphics.h but main problem comes is compatibility. anyways i have some other library to work with dev-cpp now
    but i need help regarding my latest post DAQ Toolbox in matlab.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiiiiiiiii ,friends .i want some minor projects idea of mechanical engg. or a site abt it plz help me ....byeeeeee
I have been given a project of making a DMA (Direct Memory Access) controller using verilog HDL. I know the basic concepts of DMA. But I need help as I...
I am studying in 4th sem in metallurgy branch. Where should i go for the same?
Hi friends, While trying to open a file, Im getting this error "failed to open stream: Permission denied" in php even i set 777 permission to file and php safe...
hello everyone.... i m 3rd year b.tech student, branch ECE... 😀 i want suggestions for 6 months training. which company, etc??