Failed to open a file in PHP

Hi friends,

While trying to open a file, Im getting this error "failed to open stream: Permission denied" in php even i set 777 permission to file and php safe mode OFF, this happens in online host. Do you have any idea..

Replies

• hardtarget
    hardtarget
    karthie
    Hi friends,

While trying to open a file, Im getting this error "failed to open stream: Permission denied" in php even i set 777 permission to file and php safe mode OFF, this happens in online host. Do you have any idea..
    The uploads directory must have write permission for whatever user account the web server is running under,

it seems you have provided 777 permission for the uploading via FTP, though it fails with permission denied error,

Then you must need to contact the host company, to have the write permission for the root directory, This will fix permission deny problem, ofcourse i hope so...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone.... i m 3rd year b.tech student, branch ECE... 😀 i want suggestions for 6 months training. which company, etc??
Hello everybody, I'm student of MSc Telecom Engineering(Network pathways), could any one help me to suggest me a topic related smart antenna's (for LTE)? I mean any specific direction to...
Hi CEans, I am sorry to be offline all these days but I finally came to an idea to what to do for my final year project as I decide...
Hey guys, i m Abul pursuing computer Engg in Mumbai. We are organising a technical fest in our college so i want some new ideas for d events in tech...
Hi I am not exactly a newbee but never visited this section so here is my introduction.... I am Shruti Palod pursuing B-Tech (IT) from Indore. Though I am an...