View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
savitha_chandu
savitha_chandu • Dec 21, 2009

problem with ipod

i had a problem with ipod. i bought a new ipod 1GB (not apple or any company some Japanese i think so). i loaded with songs only 14(using realplayer sp). the problem is only 4 or5 of them are playing. The remaining are not working and if tried to play in laptop opening ipod drive(E: ) it displays file is corrupted or some nonsense messages. i'm fed up with these please help me out its urgent.
😕😡
gaurav.bhorkar
gaurav.bhorkar • Dec 22, 2009
I also faced a similar problem before.

Most probably, the i-pod or mp3 player you bought is fake. (even mine was a fake).

Take my case,
I bought the mp3 player of 1 GB memory. I faced similar problem like you. I then tried everything, but all went in vain. Atlast I formatted the player and found that it only has 228 MB of storage space.
You have been fooled. Just format your ipod. There's no option.
Pechu
Pechu • Dec 23, 2009
Yes it should be a fake.

Plz dont buy mp3 players that are not branded.

Buy branded ones. If u feel that if they are expensive, go for gray market and you get the branded ones at almost half the prices. 😀
Guttu
Guttu • Dec 23, 2009
They may be in format which that ipod can't play. Convert those songs to mp3 @ 128kbps and give a try.
gaurav.bhorkar
gaurav.bhorkar • Dec 24, 2009
Pechu
Yes it should be a fake.

Plz dont buy mp3 players that are not branded.

Buy branded ones. If u feel that if they are expensive, go for gray market and you get the branded ones at almost half the prices. 😀
What is gray market?
callyD
callyD • Dec 28, 2009
Gray market is not 100% authentic. Manufacturers do not honor warranties on gray market items.
Pechu
Pechu • Dec 28, 2009
Exactly. Usually they are smuggled goods. No tax. No warranty. No bill. 😎

So if you are so sure about the manufacturer ( eg; Sony, Nokia, Apple etc.. ) you can buy them at gray markets, because there is a very low chance of these branded products getting faults.
gaurav.bhorkar
gaurav.bhorkar • Dec 29, 2009
Now I got it.

But using smuggled goods is illegal. So, its better to avoid them.
prakash6flower
prakash6flower • Jan 17, 2010
my ipod s 4gb````bt it s not work properly`````````wat can i do`````````
prakash6flower
prakash6flower • Jan 17, 2010
no problem pa``````````

Share this content on your social channels -