problem in visualc++

hi to all.
i want to get the caption of my button control during runtime i.e when i execute.can anyone help me with it.

Replies

• uday.bidkar
    uday.bidkar
    sahana
    hi to all.
    i want to get the caption of my button control during runtime i.e when i execute.can anyone help me with it.
    Use CWnd::GetDlgItem( /*Identifier of the Button control*/) to get CWnd* of the Button window. Call GetWindowText using this pointer to get Captin of the Button.
  • sahana
    sahana
    thanks a ton uday,
    i now hav a new problem.now what do i do if i want to set the caption name during run time i.e during execution if i click a button i want its caption name to be changed
  • uday.bidkar
    uday.bidkar
    sahana
    thanks a ton uday,
    i now hav a new problem.now what do i do if i want to set the caption name during run time i.e during execution if i click a button i want its caption name to be changed
    Follow the same procedure but call SetWindowText instead of GetWindowText

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi biggie, as you know that i have joined CE very recently. I have been going through all the forums but i thnk have not been able to read even...
there is a facility in vb that reduces the work of the mods/admins by automerging 2 consecutive posts by the same member ... i would request you to look into...
hello everyone !! i intend to buy sound quality speakers with inbuilt FM. REQUIREMENT:- 1. cost< Rs3000 2. only 2 speakers 3. should be branded do yoy have any suggestions...
hi biggie, today i read about the CE conference that took place on yahoo last year. sadly i wasnt a member then. Is it possible to arrange another conference this...
" Computer make it easier to do a lot of things,but most of them dont need to be done." i came across with the above statement while surfing and felt...