Problem in Apache successful Installation using XAMPP

Hello everyone

I am getting following error dialog while Installing XAMPP.

[​IMG]

While installing it was checked that no other server is already installed. I uninstalled all servers in my system and then again tried installing "Apache" along with "FileZilla" and "MySql". FileZilla and Mysql are getting succesfully installed but not Apache. Anyone has any ideas -why it is so happening and how it can be resolved?

* Seeking helpful and quick replies * πŸ˜”

Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I suspect IIS running on your machine. Could you please check?

Addendum:

To disable IIS go to Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features. On the leftmost side you will find an option "Turn Windows features on or off", click on it and uncheck Internet Information Services. Click OK. Then restart your computer.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Thanks Big_K for the trial but IIS option is already unchecked in my system. Any other way ? πŸ˜”

Thanks
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    OK guys

Trying something more on Durga's method- i found the pid of the process

1. Using command "netstat -a -o -p tcp " in comman prompt , I found the PID of port no 80 as 4 (port no 443 was not in list)

2. Now I checked that process in Task Manager -It showed following information for PID=4
    [​IMG]

Now any ideas , where could be the problem and how it can be resoved?

Thanks
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    is there any way we can allocate ports to specific applications and let others be used by system?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I have installed it successfully...But having some problem while running...
    I have installed net beans in my system also...
    If you are not installed the server,,,then what will conflict with xampp?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @ms_cs what problem you ae getting while running? Your apache got successfully installed? It didn't gave any port no conflict?

Why this is giving problem in my system only? πŸ˜”
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Use a Port scanner & check no firewall denying access to it, catch what is using your port.

Use #-Link-Snipped-# or goo..sorry SEARCH for a port scanner.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey thanks all of you for giving a try, now my problem is solved.

If your port is being busy with SYSTEM, its better you change your configuration files in xampp installation directory rather than wasting time in finding out where that port is busy.

Step 1: Go to
    Step 2: Go to ..xampp/apache/conf/extra folder inside it, you will find httpd-xampp
    Step 3: Open it and change port no 80 to 81. So confirm already existing entry looks like following in that file
    # Access restriction via Remote

AllowOverride All
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "AUTH REMOTE TEST"
    AuthRemoteServer localhost
    AuthRemotePort 81
    AuthRemoteURL /forbidden/
    Require valid-user
    #User: user / Password: pass

Step 4: Save it and close it
    Step 5: Now come out of extra folder i.e ..xampp/apache/conf folder -inside it you will find httpd file
    Step 6: Open it and change port no 80 to 81. So confirm already existing entry looks like following in that file
    ServerRoot "C:/xampp/apache"
    #
    # Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
    # ports, instead of the default. See also the
    # directive.
    #
    # Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
    # prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
    #
    #Listen 12.34.56.78:80
    Listen 81

#
    # ServerName gives the name and port that the server uses to identify itself.
    # This can often be determined automatically, but we recommend you specify
    # it explicitly to prevent problems during startup.
    #
    # If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here.
    #
    ServerName localhost:81
    Step 7: Save it and close it.

Your port conflict is solved and server will get started.

Many thanks to "Xero" Sir for devoting his precious time in this. πŸ˜€

Thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's wishing CEan MaRo & Friendster7 a 😁VeRy HaPpY BiRtHdAy!β€‹πŸ˜β€‹ May your dreams come true and you continue to rock the world of CrazyEngineers! 😁:music:πŸŽ‰:myparty:​
I need to write an Interrupt Service Routine in C, for microcontroller. I have no idea where to start. I have an idea of the difference between using an Interrupt...
Training help needed-2nd year EXTC hi all 1.I have finished my 2nd year engg in elec and telecomm and want to do some training of about 1 month to utilize...
We said goodbye to March, managed to make it through April Fools', and now it's time for a look back at the most popular posts of the week. Remember, if...