Pressy Gives You Hardware Controls For Various Functions Of Your Android Smartphone

Your Android phone probably has hardware controls aka buttons for specific functions like volume control and camera shutter, but you must have wished sometime or the other that these buttons did something else as well. For example, help you your start your flashlight app or switch from silent to general modes. Pressy attempts to bring all those above mentioned features and much more to your Android device. Pressy is basically hardware button that fits into the 3.5mm earphone jack and uses various clicks to do the above tasks. The click sequences can be programmed by the user by using its native Android app.

Pressy Final Prototype 1
Pressy Prototype​

Pressy made a debut on the crowd funding website Kickstarter in August with a funding goal of $40,000, but as of today with 25 days still to go has managed to garner $531,813 from over 22,209 backers. With this overwhelming response the team at Nimrod Back has announced the addition of Push-to-talk option on Pressy. The Pressy-to-talk feature will allow you to instantly connect with the contact of your choice with just a click. For this feature to work both users will have to own Pressy and its app.

Pressy Tasks 2
Things Pressy Can Do​

The company is planning to finalise the prototype and ship the devices by March 2014 and if you wish to be the first ones to get your hands on this head over to its #-Link-Snipped-# and make a payment at least 17 US dollars.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Nice innovation. It can make phones work like Walky-Talkies too 😁.

Cool feature. Let us see if this works smoothly and then we can buy comfortably
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Price will play a major role and this cute idea cum innovation is quite good. I will not like to add a small antenna like pressy to my phone though it has many features.If it comes compact, I am sure that it will win many hearts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

'Women in Silicon Valley are disrupting the boys club' seems to be the message put out here: https://blog.fora.tv/2013/09/women-i...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-04d3fae080-295725241
​ Leading mobile service provider Aircel has rolled out its very own e-book store called as Aircel BookMate for its subscribers. This e-book store will allow users to read and...
The next-gen Maruti Suzuki A-star was caught on camera for the first very time while undergoing a test drive in India. The car was entirely camouflaged when spotted by 'hotshot'...
Freecharge.in - the dream service that promises to make your recharges free by providing you with coupons worth equal to the amount you've spent looks too good to be true....
Custom car maker Austin Coulson of the US set the record as the owner of the smallest roadworthy car, which can be legally drive on the road. The car measures...