Pressure, Distance & Velocity Calculations

i have distance and pressure than how to calculate velocity...????

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Manthan Dadhania
    i have distance and pressure than how to calculate velocity...????
    I'd be great if you could tell us a bit more about the problem you are trying to solve. Do you have any specific equation or situation for which you need the calculations?
  • Manthan Dadhania
    Manthan Dadhania
    dear sir,
    i am trying to prepare design package of flow control valve(gate valve, globe valve, check valve, ball valve). in this calculation i am trying to find cofficient of velocity there for i need the velocity....

situation is that i need cofficient of velocity when valve is in fully open condition.

please suggest me if any type other ideas of standard formulas for design calculation

i have equation/calculation for below points:
    1. shell thickness
    2.width of seating face
    3.stem diameter
    4.seating force
    5.stem load
    6.stem packing friction
    7.thrust
    8.torque
    9.rimpull force

please suggest me if u have some more like points/data/equations/calulations to add in this package.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are lots of handbooks available on the net.

Try these:
    Control Valves

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Manthan Dadhania
    Manthan Dadhania
    thnk u sir....for your valueable reply...

if u have any equation/data please give me...

i checked lots off pdf on net but cannot find standard data for calculation...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Probably you are going to see most inspirational Engineer and designer. He doesn't have arms from birth still he can do all engineering jobs including welding, designing car parts on...
Qualcomm's come out in open with the Zeroth processor - the one that the company claims acts like a real brain capable of biologically inspired learning. That is, the Zeroth...
Bose, the sound system and audio equipment mega-giant, is here with an awesome line of products. Called SoundTouch, the company has introduced a Wi-Fi music streaming system worldwide. Apart from...
Xolo, the Indian handset manufacturer, is here with a new 7-inch tablet called the XOLO Play Tab 7.0 that runs the Android Jelly Bean operating system and offers an average...
If you have taken a Google PageSpeed test recently and haven't got a good result, chances are that Google gave you a suggestion about Avoiding Landing Page Redirects. Well, for...