Pound Nine Wire Sits Quietly On Your Desk And Delivers The News You Want In Real-time

News has changed so much in the last decade. In the 90’s you had that one trusted news bulletin at nine in the evening that provided the day’s news in a half an hour capsule. All changed in the world of news when internet took over the world. It does not matter if you are at work or relaxing on a beach, you can keep yourself informed at any time. This comes with a huge downside though. Thanks to the plethora of options you find yourself opening 10 or 12 tabs on your desktop browser at work to keep yourself updated on news from various topics such as politics, entertainment, stocks, sports and technology. If you have made your smartphone a companion in this quest then you are bombarded with push notifications that distract you from the task at hand. So what is the solution to this problem? Well, the team at Pound Nine think they have an answer.

Pound Nine Wire3

The team at Pound Nine have taken the concept of Internet of Things (IoT) and created the Pound Nine Wire which is a palm-sized device that displays your personalised newsfeed without the clutter. The Pound Nine News Wire has a 3.2 inch touchscreen LCD colour display that scrolls through the snippets of news from various news sources. The working of Pound Nine Wire is pretty straight forward. The user is asked to curate his personalised news feed by choosing the categories and sources of news on the Pound Nine website. The user can not only choose news updates but also choose stock updates, score updates and his/her Twitter feed. If you use Feedly as your news aggregator it can also be selected by the website. Updates from the news sources are first aggregated and then formatted by Pound Nine servers before being delivered to your Pound Nine device that has been authenticated with the help of the Pound Nine app on your smartphone. The Pound Nine Wire works on its own without the help of your smartphone after the authentication process. All it needs is a pairing with your home or office Wi-Fi router.

Pound Nine Wire1

By now you might have worked out that the 3.2 inch screen on the Pound Nine Wire is not capable enough to deliver you the complete news. So once you spot the news you are interested in, all you have to do is press the “Notify” button the Pound Nine Wire and it shall send a notification to your smartphone containing the link of the news that you can open in your mobile browser. The Pound Nine Wire will be powered by a Lithium ion battery that can be charged by the microUSB port. The battery capacity isn’t finalised yet. While the Android app is ready for public consumption, the iOS app is currently under development. The team at Pound Nine is also considering a Windows app.

Pound Nine Wire2

The team from Pound Nine are getting ready for a Kickstarter campaign that will begin on 1st December to help them to garner funds for mass producing the Pound Nine Wire. While the retail price of Pound Nine Wire is set at $119 you can get it for as low as $59 if you are an early backer on its Kickstarter campaign. If you are interested in the product you can receive an invite with early bird discount of up to 50%. Head over to #-Link-Snipped-# to register your interest.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    It's going to transform the way busy people used to get in touch with latest news.
    Having an option to choose news type and source is great feature.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am 32year old.Can i join cdac(c cat) courses.This is good for my carrier or not.I have 3 year experience in SEO and 1 Year exp in .net.But currently i...
The Pepsi cola - known for its soft drink - now ventured to the increasing and extremely competitive market of smartphones. The cola company that has world-renowned success in the...
Please let me have some worked out examples on calculation of various aspects on the property of threaded fasteners for machine design purpose.
I am from CSE background and at the time of my college life I had learnt many languages like Java, dotnet, php, webdesigning (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) Android etc. But now...
Blue Origin is a private space company owned by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos - and it's done what Elon Musk couldn't. Do the controlled rocket landing right; and here's a...