Policies at one Go , Investment mood India on Rise ?

With policy paralysis for almost 24 months . The government today jumped in with policies such as
  • 51% in Multi brand Retail
  • 100% in Single brand Retail with manufacturing in India and 30 % sourced from SSI
  • 49 % in Civil Aviation
  • FDI for all broadcasters except cable network
  • Bridging gap between petrol , diesel and hence moving a step ahead in reducing fiscal deficit
  • Disinvestment of at an avg 10% in Govt companies
  • Nalco , MMTC, Hind copper Oil India
What do Ceans Think about the Sudden Policy upgrades ?

In short you can see all big brands having made in India with cheaper price tags
Starbucks, Walmart and many retail majors in the fray

More Competition leading to lower price rise . Hence benefiting consumers and farmers

and many more points we can debate upon

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Most idiotic decision ever by the Indian Government. Instead of improving their administration skills to help the farmers, the PM of India is running after foreign aid. I started another discussion on the topic earlier about #-Link-Snipped-#.

The so called 'reforms' is nothing but a ploy to sell India to the foreign multinationals. More competition leads to lower prices - but it's all good when you're competing with the Indian players. Foreign players will not only decimate the Indian players but also loot this country; just like the East India company did.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    Money doesn't grow on trees; it needs to be earned. we should not restrict ourselves to ourselves. Rather we should think in the opposite way (although your side is also correct). ..................There is a saying - Every risk brings with itself Opportunities . And I believe its the time to grab those opportunities . ......There are restrictions - FDI in retail has to invest 50% of there investment in infrastructure development, like building warehouses , roads, refrigeration systems. Now the Indian companies are competent enough to compete Wallmart in India, also learn from it new Technics/Technology. ..................................Profits are not taken back to their country , but they would be re- invested in India.......creating more and more jobs .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why do Indian retail companies have to fight with Walmart? Why can't the compete among themselves? Why do you want Walmart to carry away insane amounts of profits back to their countries? How are you so sure that Walmart will make sure the farmers will get what they want? Why is it so difficult for Indian Government to develop warehouses (does it even require any advance technology?)? Isn't it Government's job to build roads and refrigeration systems? Why can't Indian government empower local businesses to set up shop in the foreign land?

Why would walmart let Indians learn their technology? Why can't India develop its own technology required for its own people? Have Indians lost faith in themselves?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    RISHABH LALA
    Profits are not taken back to their country , but they would be re- invested in India.......creating more and more jobs .
    So, are Walmart and other corporates 'social ventures' that are doing it 'for the welfare of people'?

Which world do you live in, friend?
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    FDI would be responsible for ----
    (a) Increasing financial resources
    for development;
    (b) boosting export competitiveness;
    (c) generating employment and
    strengthening the skills base;
    (d) protecting the environment and social responsibility;
    and
    (e) enhancing technological capabilities
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    RISHABH LALA
    FDI would be responsible for ----
    (a) Increasing financial resources for development;

K: Where did India's own money go that it has to look for foreign aid for development?

(b) boosting export competitiveness;

K: Not sure what that means; but I'm not sure how a foreign company 'exporting' from India helps India. The profits go into their pocket. It's a plain, cold 'loot'.

(c) generating employment and strengthening the skills base;

K: Turning the small business owners into employees of foreign companies isn't helping. Isn't it exactly what the 'East India' company did? They enslaved Indians and then ruled. Letting all our important businesses to be controlled by foreigners is NOT a good strategy; I hope you'll agree.

(d) protecting the environment and social responsibility;

K: If that was true, coca cola won't dump all of their plastic waste in Chennai. European and Japanese cars would follow the same standards in India they've in their countries. Are you aware that world's toxic waste is all being dumped in India and Indian ocean? Are you aware that banned medicines from the west are being sold in India? Are you aware that India's nothing but a huge marketplace for the world?

Did you watch the Satyameva Jayate episode on how the imported pesticides are turning India's fertile soil into barren land?

(e) enhancing technological capabilities

What technology does retail sector bring that India doesn't have or can't develop on its own?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

im an e&e student. i am interested in sound systems.I just want to know that which field will give me clear knowledge on sound system devices.e&e or e&c?please reply
I know that's a crazy question, but still I would like to know what CEans opine about this. If you believe that time travel will be possible someday, do you...
Is it necessary to provide family details like mothers name, fathers name, religion, fathers profession etc? Some of the students in my college have mentioned it.
hi CEan can anyone tell me which books should i prefer for DATA WAREHOUSING and DATA MINING except anahory murray ---------->DWH pang- ning Tan / vipin kumar/ michael steinvach ------>...
The government seems to be eager to sell India to the multi-national companies. The government has finally allowed foreign direct investment ( FDI ) in the retail sector in India....