Should we mention Mother's Name, Religion & Declaration In CV Resume?

Should we mention Mother's Name, Religion & Declaration In CV Resume?

As i m a B.tech final year student, campus drives are coming soon. i have a query regarding resume's formats.
it is necessary to provide family details like father name, mother name, religion, nationality, D.O.B. and informations like that. also is declaration also necessary because it increase the length of resume. does it has more importance of showing in resumes.
i have seen lot of old pattern cv in which these kind of informations have been providing.

Answer:

The inclusion of personal information such as a mother's name, religion, or declaration is generally not necessary or recommended in a CV or resume.

A CV or resume is primarily focused on your professional qualifications, skills, education, and work experience. Including personal information unrelated to your professional profile can potentially introduce bias or discrimination during the hiring process.

In many countries, it is common practice to keep CVs and resumes free from personal details that could lead to discrimination based on factors such as gender, religion, or ethnicity.

The aim is to promote fair and equal opportunities for all candidates.

Instead, focus on highlighting your relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, achievements, and any other professional accomplishments that demonstrate your suitability for the position you are applying for.

If an employer requires additional personal information, they will usually request it separately as part of the application process or during the interview stage.

Always be mindful of the local customs and practices when creating your CV or resume, as requirements may vary depending on the country or industry.

Replies

• Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    still no reply.........i m waiting...!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A CV is an on-paper representation of you - the professional. What to include in it is entirely your choice. But presenting information that isn't related to your job won't add value to your resume. Your father / mother / religion won't usually matter, but nationality and Date of Birth could be asked to fill in. So you may not mention those details in your CV.

Declaration, I believe is optional. I've always questioned why it's necessary to declare what you are writing in your resume is 'correct'. It HAS to be correct. Also, when I graduated, I accommodated all my information in just one page. I paid lot of attention to formatting and presenting the information and even had interviewers appreciate the way I had presented information.

You might take a look at our #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    i have seen the resume format presented by CEians team, there also deceleration is not mention. so as per this format in case of i use it i dont need to be mention the deceleration. may it be good?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Engg.Dee
    i have seen the resume format presented by CEians team, there also deceleration is not mention. so as per this format in case of i use it i dont need to be mention the deceleration. may it be good?
    Could you post the text that you want to use as your declaration? That would help us understand better.
  • Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    it might be as..
    i hereby declare that the information provided by me is true to my best knowledge and belief.

that causes of increase or doubled the page..i want conclude my resume in one single page.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Engg.Dee
    it might be as..
    i hereby declare that the information provided by me is true to my best knowledge and belief.
    I personally find it a little out of the place. You certifying yourself does not make any sense to me. I'd not include it in my resume. I'd recommend removing it.
  • Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    thanks....😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi CEan can anyone tell me which books should i prefer for DATA WAREHOUSING and DATA MINING except anahory murray ---------->DWH pang- ning Tan / vipin kumar/ michael steinvach ------>...
The government seems to be eager to sell India to the multi-national companies. The government has finally allowed foreign direct investment ( FDI ) in the retail sector in India....
Today, 15th September is celebrated as Engineers' Day in India in the memory of the legendary engineer - Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya. I wish all CEans a very happy engineers day...
Happy Engineers' Day - folks! Today is a special day and a special Absolute Zero comics dedicated to all the crazy engineers!
Guys, I have experience of around three years in c++ programming on embedded system . Yet I could not get good work on lower layers like drivers ,kernel programming ,chip...