CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Engg.Dee • 14 Sep, 2012
As i m a B.tech final year student, campus drives are coming soon. i have a query regarding resume's formats.
it is necessary to provide family details like father name, mother name, religion, nationality, D.O.B. and informations like that. also is declaration also necessary because it increase the length of resume. does it has more importance of showing in resumes.
i have seen lot of old pattern cv in which these kind of informations have been providing.
@Engg.Dee • 15 Sep, 2012 still no reply.........i m waiting...!
@Kaustubh Katdare • 15 Sep, 2012 A CV is an on-paper representation of you - the professional. What to include in it is entirely your choice. But presenting information that isn't related to your job won't add value to your resume. Your father / mother / religion won't usually matter, but nationality and Date of Birth could be asked to fill in. So you may not mention those details in your CV.

Declaration, I believe is optional. I've always questioned why it's necessary to declare what you are writing in your resume is 'correct'. It HAS to be correct. Also, when I graduated, I accommodated all my information in just one page. I paid lot of attention to formatting and presenting the information and even had interviewers appreciate the way I had presented information.

You might take a look at our Resume Template Format For Graduating Engineers.
@Engg.Dee • 15 Sep, 2012 i have seen the resume format presented by CEians team, there also deceleration is not mention. so as per this format in case of i use it i dont need to be mention the deceleration. may it be good?
@Kaustubh Katdare • 15 Sep, 2012
Engg.Dee
i have seen the resume format presented by CEians team, there also deceleration is not mention. so as per this format in case of i use it i dont need to be mention the deceleration. may it be good?
Could you post the text that you want to use as your declaration? That would help us understand better.
@Engg.Dee • 15 Sep, 2012 it might be as..
i hereby declare that the information provided by me is true to my best knowledge and belief.

that causes of increase or doubled the page..i want conclude my resume in one single page.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 15 Sep, 2012
Engg.Dee
it might be as..
i hereby declare that the information provided by me is true to my best knowledge and belief.
I personally find it a little out of the place. You certifying yourself does not make any sense to me. I'd not include it in my resume. I'd recommend removing it.
@Engg.Dee • 15 Sep, 2012 thanks....😀
13.9k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 24, 2014

I was wondering if it's possible to delete an undelivered message on WhatsApp. Technically - if your message is being stored on a server before it's delivered to the recipient,...
73.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 24, 2011

What I've been noticing is that that 3G dongles available in India are very specific to the network operators. That is BSNL's dongle won't work with Idea's SIM card. That'd...
11.5k views

@qaisarpk1 · Nov 4, 2008

i need soltion manual of electronic communication system by kenedy. plz tell me where from i can download it?
9.1k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Sep 8, 2015

All you BSNL Landline Broadband owners must be excited to hear the news from the telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on how BSNL has redefined broadband in India by offering...
4.9k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 20, 2017

I came to know about Tesla Powerbank and tried searching Amazon and Flipkart. It looks like the powerbank has yet to be made available in India. The official website mentions...
4k views