plzzzz help: Computer asks to choose a program while opening a drive

every time i try openin any of da drives...im askd 2 choose a program to open it with!!..im not able 2 xplore also....

Replies

• friendster7
    friendster7
    Re: plzzzz help

ur system might be infected with virus..i guess..try installing Xp once again..
  • night crawler
    night crawler

format ur comp. & reinstall the operating system
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Good to see your responses, friends. Please avoid using sms text while posting on CE Forums. Go through Quick Start Guide (Link in my signature) and 'About CE' on our front page at CrazyEngineers
  • mahul
    mahul
    just restore your system to an earlier date when everything was well and fine. and if this did not happen because u fiddled a little with ur system, it is probably because of some virus, so it will recur(assuming everything turns out fine after u restore), try cleaning it up with some good antivirus. do keep us posted.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    OK, I don't think Reinstalling or formatting is a good Idea.

There is a small program can remove it all, but i don't have it right now

Don't REINSTALL or FORMAT just wait, I'll get it here.
  • soul_hacker
    soul_hacker
    Well this problem is mainly due to your Autorun.inf file may have got currupted or virus.
    To access ur drive go to run and type the drive lettrer. You will be able to open the drive.
    Try copying the autorun.inf from other pc to ur pc.
    Other wise u can create it urself..Refer to web.
  • arunbasillal
    arunbasillal
    No, This is not Virus. Just right click on the drive and select open. Then type in the address bar Autorun.inf so that the address reads C:\Autorun.inf replacing C by the letter of the infected Drive. If that file opens you have found your problem.
    To remove this take command prompt ( Start menu >> Run >> Type cmd and press enter ). I hope this problem is not in your C drive. Let it be in D drive. So type D: and press enter in the command prompt.
    Now your address in the command prompt will read D:\>.
    Type ' del autorun.inf ' without quotes and press enter.
    If the problem still persists, just tell me..ok

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I'm Ankur Gupta, a student of electronics engineering at Bundelkhand University,Jhansi. I want to receive all information of new inventions or notions. I also want to attend all your...
guys instead of having names like admin,newbie..we can have a badge with the same name..is it not cool idea..do reply friends..and we can also add few more groups..
Hi! Hope Someone can help me? Let me describe abt myself so u can guide me the right way, am a regular internet surfer but I dont have any knowledge...
CEans, Today, four crazy engineers from our community celebrate their birthday - Wishing Very HapPy & Prosperous Birthday to Ruhi, joe3204, Mahesh & aryadeb ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Party on! Folks! ๐ŸŽ‰ โ€‹
greetings fellow engineers i'm doin my bachelors in electronics and electrical.. someone please sugest ideas 4 my final year project.. it surgent..๐Ÿ˜•