Please Suggest GATE books for me....

Hi Guys.

I am Sudheer,a mechanical engineer and I am in 7 th semister now. I want to write GATE-2010 exam and i had written it in 2009 (got 89 percentile).

from gate 2009 onwards they are not gonna admit students who has not completed their B.Tech yet, so I casually attempted the exam and wooh.! I got some rank...😁

Now I think, if I can prepare seriously for it, I can even get a better rank, so please suggest me some of the important books for preparing for GATE.

Specifically I need books for Thermal Engineering, Material Science and Operational Research which contain more exercise problems to do!

I myself got some good books which got concepts, but i need books for practicing problems.

Thanks in Advance..!

Replies

• satish47
    satish47
    Could u plz specify the books from which u learnt The concepts????????
    It would help me a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nany_mech
    nany_mech
    hai there Satish.

are you gonna attend GATE exam. Well then i'll tell u text books I referred so far:

Enginnering Thermodynamics: PK Nag

IC Engine: ML Mathur and RP Sharma

Gas Turbine and Propulsive Systems: PR Khajuria & SP Dubey

Fluid Mechanics: Modi & Seth, RK Bansal

Compressible Flow: SM Yahya

Heat and Mass Transfer: JP Hollman, RC Sachdeva

Refrigeration and Air Conditioning: CP Arora, Domkundwar

Fluid Machinery: Jagdish Lal, RK Bansal

Theory of Machines: RS Khurmi, Malik & Ghosh

Mechanical Vibration: Grover

Machine Design: Shigley, VB Bhandari

Material Science: WD Callister, IP Singh

Production Engineering: Kalpkjian Schmid, Amitabh Ghosh & AK Malik

Industrial Engineering: O P Khanna, Buffa & Sarin

Operations Research: Kanti Swarup

Strength of Materials: Gere & Timoshenko, BC unamia, Sadhu Singh
  • Gaya3 S
    Gaya3 S
    hey likewise anybody can u suggest books fa electrical engg (gate)
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    hey, i bought a book called GATE 2010-MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
    By G. K. Publishers.
    its a quite big book. MRP Rs. 640. (i got it for 10% discount)
    it has even got one online test. so, after studying it fully, you can write their test and check your performance.
    and one more thing thanks for the list of books.
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    Gaya3 S
    hey likewise anybody can u suggest books fa electrical engg (gate)
    refer GATE 2010-ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
    By G. K. Publishers.
  • Gaya3 S
    Gaya3 S
    is that 1 book enough meaning does it cover the entire syllabus?
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    almost all.
  • adas2118
    adas2118
    are those gk publication books good???
  • arjunoids
    arjunoids
    yes. it is.
  • prem356
    prem356
    adas2118
    are those gk publication books good???
    I think, prefer GATE MADE EASY:sshhh:.
    This has got less or no error.
    But G. K. Publisher books have few mistakes, nevertheless, its good too.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This link has the list of all the books for all the branches!!

For Electrical it covered very good books.
  • achinkhurana
    achinkhurana
    for GATE Electrical the best book is
    GATE Electrical by RK Kanodia. you can download this book from internet.
  • Dhaval Rao
    Dhaval Rao
    #-Link-Snipped-# this blog is not opening.It allows only to invited persons.......

Anyone plz give link 4 GATE Electrical

Anyone can give me IEEE papers on "magnetic inrush current in transformer"?????
    plz reply to me fast .............
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dhaval Rao
    #-Link-Snipped-# this blog is not opening.It allows only to invited persons.......

Anyone plz give link 4 GATE Electrical

Anyone can give me IEEE papers on "magnetic inrush current in transformer"?????
    plz reply to me fast .............
    I think if you have IEEE membership; you can easily have access to those papers. Right?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    prem356
    But G. K. Publisher books have few mistakes, nevertheless, its good too.
    GK publisher is full of errors. At least the copy I posses is only good for referring questions.
  • N.Gowtham Raj
    N.Gowtham Raj
    nany_mech
    Hi Guys.

I am Sudheer,a mechanical engineer and I am in 7 th semister now. I want to write GATE-2010 exam and i had written it in 2009 (got 89 percentile).

from gate 2009 onwards they are not gonna admit students who has not completed their B.Tech yet, so I casually attempted the exam and wooh.! I got some rank...😁

Now I think, if I can prepare seriously for it, I can even get a better rank, so please suggest me some of the important books for preparing for GATE.

Specifically I need books for Thermal Engineering, Material Science and Operational Research which contain more exercise problems to do!

I myself got some good books which got concepts, but i need books for practicing problems.

Thanks in Advance..!
    Go for Younus Cengel in case of thermal & hmt..
  • jigarmech
    jigarmech
    Issue
    GK publisher is full of errors. At least the copy I posses is only good for referring questions.

so which one is best dude?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    No one is best. I think we should practice from books by various authors. The question papers can be seen from various tutorial classes. Even CEan AbraKaDabra has posted some question papers in GATE section. Moreover even the question paper after GK publications are good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have been looking for some Linux stuff out here. Very few people and only computer guys seem to be interested in it. What do you think of having a...
Say some lyrics from a song you know. Let it have some association with the words or idea of the lyrics in the previous post. I have it easy, I...
i want to build a small ic vehicle with rc control. my vehicle has tree wheels two in front and one at rear. i want to know what type of...
internatinal mobile subscriber identiti (IMSI) consist of three parts . MCC+MNC+MSIN . is the mobile subscriber identity number (MSIN) and mobile directory number(MDN) are same .??? and what is the...
CEans, I'm pleased to announce that we are forming an association for engineers who wear glasses. The only joining criteria is that you have to be the engineer who wears...