Please suggest a textbook for maths..

Please suggest a textbook of maths for GATE 2010..

I am an Information Technology student. Please suggest a textbook of mathematics for GATE 2010. The syllabus for the same(for CS/IT) is --> Engineering Mathematics

Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic; First Order Logic.

Probability: Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.
Set Theory & Algebra: Sets; Relations; Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean Algebra.

Combinatorics: Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; generating functions;
recurrence relations; asymptotics.

Graph Theory: Connectivity; spanning trees; Cut vertices & edges; covering; matching; independent sets; Colouring; Planarity; Isomorphism.

Linear Algebra: Algebra of matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen vectors.

Numerical Methods: LU decomposition for systems of linear equations; numerical solutions of non-linear algebraic equations by Secant, Bisection and Newton-Raphson Methods; Numerical integration by trapezoidal and Simpson's rules.

Calculus: Limit, Continuity & differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, evaluation of definite & improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivatives, maxima & minima.

Thanks

Replies

• yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    swati verma
    Please suggest a textbook of mathematics for GATE 2010. The syllabus for the same is --> Engineering Mathematics

Mathematical Logic: Propositional Logic; First Order Logic.

Probability: Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Distributions; uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, Binomial.
    Set Theory & Algebra: Sets; Relations; Functions; Groups; Partial Orders; Lattice; Boolean Algebra.

Combinatorics: Permutations; Combinations; Counting; Summation; generating functions;
    recurrence relations; asymptotics.

Graph Theory: Connectivity; spanning trees; Cut vertices & edges; covering; matching; independent sets; Colouring; Planarity; Isomorphism.

Linear Algebra: Algebra of matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen vectors.

Numerical Methods: LU decomposition for systems of linear equations; numerical solutions of non-linear algebraic equations by Secant, Bisection and Newton-Raphson Methods; Numerical integration by trapezoidal and Simpson's rules.

Calculus: Limit, Continuity & differentiability, Mean value Theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, evaluation of definite & improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivatives, maxima & minima.

Thanks

DR. B.S. GEREWAL is the best book for the preparation ....you can also use the study material of coaching institutes....

• swati verma
    swati verma
    Thank you Sir. You are talking about material of coaching institutes.. could you please suggest some names also?
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    swati verma
    Thank you Sir. You are talking about material of coaching institutes.. could you please suggest some names also?

like material of MADE EASY PUBLICATION or IES ACADEMY or GATE FORUM'S booklets ...

they will give you the idea about the standard questions used to come in exams ....

hope that it will help you .....

and don't call me sir...i am just in third year and also preparing for GATE 2010 in mechanical .....

• shubhrajeet tiwa
    shubhrajeet tiwa
    can you suggest book on fluid mechnics and strength of material for gate prepration
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Writing in all bold or capital is assumed as screaming. Please refrain yourself from using all bold or all capitals in the posts.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I hope most of you ceans must use love calculator to calculate love percentage here I am posting a code in java that will calculate love percentage with your partner...
October 01, 2009 COMMERCIAL scientists have demonstrated a world-first diamond electronic device that is expected to markedly cut the cost of renewable energy generation. The all solid-state device creates the...
The Crazy Engineer of Dileep's Crazy Event of the the Month September is Itchap. CONGRATULATIONS ITCHAP... 😁😁😁
1 October 2009 – SELEX Systems Integration Ltd, a Finmeccanica company, will continue its support to the UK Ministry of Defence’s (MOD) Watchman radars until July 2013, following a contract...
i have made an IR sensor circuit on breadboard which is this- i made this circuit on breadboard and when powered it with 9V battery the red LED started glowing....