Please HElp! chip designing

I want to design a digital signal processing chip with wireless data transmission transmission/communications, is there a program that i can use to design this chip? or is there a chip in a market i can use?

Thank you for your time!

EEnano

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    EEnano
    I want to design a digital signal processing chip with wireless data transmission transmission/communications, is there a program that i can use to design this chip? or is there a chip in a market i can use?

Thank you for your time!

EEnano
    There are DSP processors are available from TI and also Wireless transceiver from TI and HOPE RF are available you can combine both.
  • EEnano
    EEnano
    well u see i want to design and fabricate a nano size chip so i can experimentally implanting it into things and get a reading out of it. that's why i need the wireless transceiver and a very small chip.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    EEnano
    well u see i want to design and fabricate a nano size chip so i can experimentally implanting it into things and get a reading out of it. that's why i need the wireless transceiver and a very small chip.
    Okey then i think you have to design the chip in VLSI right?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    What do you really mean by "nano" size chip? You mean the wafer thickness of 45/65 nm??

Designing is one thing. If you need to fabricate the chip then you need access to a VLSI unit and they don't do one or two IC's. You will have to give a minimum order of about 30,000 IC's.

Where do you need to implement it anyway? There might be an alternative available, as @godfather has said.
  • EEnano
    EEnano
    well i need to design the chip using some kind of program and then ill nanofab the chip at a university nanolab. i have acess to a labs.. theres many aplications from this.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    EEnano
    well i need to design the chip using some kind of program and then ill nanofab the chip at a university nanolab. i have acess to a labs.. theres many aplications from this.
    If you have lab in university then its great. you can design your own chip in VLSI.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    It's good you have access to a fabrication unit. Consider one thing though. Roughly you have 2 stages. Data acquisition and wireless transmission. I think you should fabricate the data acq. yourself to your requirements and use a commercial wireless unit, since fabricating an excellently accurate wireless device takes extreme design consideration and is not easy.

What are you implementing it for?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange in an interview with Times now Editor Arnab Goswami conrfirmed that he's being offered large sums of money by Indians to keep the names of swiss...
Indian News channels have became cheap entertainment channels and show any kind of news that can only appeal to the below 10 IQ people. This calls for a poll on...
Teacherji.in is a Bangaluru based startup with a list of coaching classes and training institutes in India. You can sign up as a regular user or a coaching class tutor...
I have heard that effectively any score of above 700 in quantitative and any score above 550 in verbal is good enough to be at least considered by some of...
GMAC plans to make big changes to GMAT exam from 2012. Overall the exams timing is retained the same in spite of addition of new integrated reasoning section. This new...