Average GRE Scores For MS in US University Admissions

I have heard that effectively any score of above 700 in quantitative and any score above 550 in verbal is good enough to be at least considered by some of the institutes.

Any information about this topic would be useful. Please share.

Replies

• maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    one basic doubt ABRAKADABRA is MS and Msc are different or same
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @maraitamilan: MS ans MSc are simply different abbreviations of Master of Science.

Generally, MS is used more often in the US whereas MSc is used more often in Europe.
    There is no hard-and-fast rule on which to use unless the college awarding the degree specifies.
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    thanks dude
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    another help abra now am in final year of engineering (electrical) i want to do MS in UK can you please suggest me wat fields can i choose and also what all the steps i.e. exams to be taken to get a seat in UK
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @maraitamilan: You can use your GRE or IELTS Score for applying in different universities in UK.
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    Gre or ielts ? Not both?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    IELTS and GRE stand for two different examinations.
    International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures your competency purely in English language.

It is arranged by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council and IDP Education Australia. In this exam, you may choose either the academic or general training modules.

The academic module is used for enrollment in universities for higher education while the general module is for the workplace.
    On the other hand the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a standard test for admission requirement in many institutions in English speaking countries. It is administered by the ETS. The examination measures not only your vocabulary but also your abstract thinking in the field of math and your analytical capabilities. It does not restrict itself to the English language as the IELTS does.

You may get the complete information about IELTS here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    thank you ab for your info 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    A simple question. Whether GRE or IELTS are basically language examinations, right?
    For Engineering how to apply for universities? I mean where does our technical knowledge come in to picture?

I was wondering the same about Mombukagakushyou or the Japanese scholarship a few days ago which requires TOEFEL, but now have now got my answer.

My question here is mainly about GRE and TOEFEL. 😀
  • rozer.binny
    rozer.binny
    Definitely GRE score > 1400 ..and you need to have a great profile to get into MIT..your graduation college should be one of the top colleges in your count

​
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    another info needed ab AM DOING B.E.(EEE) wat fields to choose IN MS ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ishutopre: GRE & TOEFL don't judge your technical knowledge. GRE has English-Quants-Logical Reasoning etc.. TOEFL is only english.
    After getting a fairly good score, you have to apply to the university, specifying your educational background and academic achievements along with GRE-TOEFL score. Based on all these and your SOP (Statement of Purpose), the universities may accept or reject your application.

@maraitamilan: Does EEE stand for Electrical or Electronics?
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    both ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING AB
  • maraitamilan
    maraitamilan
    what are the courses in MS for electrical and electronics

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

GMAC plans to make big changes to GMAT exam from 2012. Overall the exams timing is retained the same in spite of addition of new integrated reasoning section. This new...
Today I crossed the 4K Posts on CE. 😒 I don't know how many of them are useful but i am always trying my best to make CE better and...
Green Engineering is a topic that is trending in almost all fields of society. Engineers can be the pivots in revolutionizing the whole scenario. While thinking about this topic, I...
Affixa Basic File Size: 361 It allows you to attach files to emails from the desktop without launching any mail system. Affixa works with Yahoo! Mail, Gmail and desktop mail...
The Indians have been divided over the issue of the black money. There are many who believe that India will never bring the black money from all over the world...