Please give me your response

hello guys i am giving a link
please read this article and give me your response ...
do u think is it possible
Get ready for fun - hardware interfacing
i want to control a electrical appliance using a pc
waiting..............

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Hey dude, good work. Is that code working? Does it control only electrical equipments? Can it be used to control electronics equipments ? What all arrangements I will have to do to control the pressing iron with my laptop? Is it possible? 😕
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thanks for the link, goyal.

@ sookie
    Yes, you can control any electrical or electronic device using this. The optocoupler (given the correct one) would make it safe to control it from the laptop. Another thing to keep in mind is the relay driving circuit, which you still need to power up.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    thanks for giving me some time
    actually i want to work on this project...caN U help me from which point i should begin
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    sookie
    Hey dude, good work. Is that code working? Does it control only electrical equipments? Can it be used to control electronics equipments ? What all arrangements I will have to do to control the pressing iron with my laptop? Is it possible? 😕
    hey sookie
    according to my thinking it can be possible...
    and yeah we can control electrical appliance through computer.....

i will work let us see what happen
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Thanks for the link, goyal.
    Nice Info.

-CB
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    it's my pleasure
    but can anyone give me suggestion
    where should i begin to implement this???
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Guys can anyone explain me the circuit in above link?
    I am totally a nerd in this area

but I want to implement this.

please help me.just explain me this circuit how it works
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @goyal- I think this ckt. will only be open to switch on & off any appliance. Nothing more than that.The reason is that the coil that you see in the ckt. is relay which is a contactor & when energised switches from N/O(Normally open) to N/C(normally closed).I haven't gone through the program so I'm not sure what all is covered in the program but the ckt. function is mostly the same.
    If you could go through the prog. once & make sure that it works maybe we could try out something.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The above program is just used to send signals from various ports to turn on and off the device

Program part i will see .if it will not work i will make it work

You just tell me if i try to implement this then will it be of any use

and how this whole circuit is working?

what is opto coupler,drive relay and all?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Goyal, I had looked through the circuit , I will explain my understanding in detail tomorrow.
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    nice work goyal
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Opto-isolator is used to activate loads(the relay here). The 2nd transisitor is connected in Darlington pair for impedance matching. the dide is connected to aviod anyb reverse current throught the relay. The relay is simple a switch which s usd in appliances for complete AIR isoaltion.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    d_vipul
    nice work goyal
    Sorry vipul but it is not my work

I have collected this material after searching from many websites

I just wanna implement this
    @shreyas thanks for explaining .

but it totally goes out of my mind .It seems like you are giving me lecture of how to make sentences without teaching me how to write letters?

Can you give me any link where i can understand basics of all this?
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Dear Goyal,
    The optocoupler is a signaling device which can be compared to the old light-in-the-night signaling system used by old mafia in spooky films. It contains two parts, the LED(light emitting diode)which acts as a light source(lets call it a bulb) and there is a light dependent resistor(call it light receiver). When a signal is passed by the PC to turn on an appliance, what happens is that the LED turns on(the bulb glows), thus we get a light signal. The light receiver accepts the signal and converts it back to an electrical signal(I will explain it down below).

Now the other part is the relay, to which this signal goes. As you can, a relay consists of a coil and a switch. The switch is almost similar to the mechanical switch, its the same thing. Now, when the signal from the optocoupler comes out, we pass it through the induction coil. The coil gets charged and it works as an electromagnet. It pulls the switch in the relay to the on position, thus letting the AC to power your appliance.

LDR(Light dependent resistor)-For your knowledge, it is a resistor whose value can change according to the light it receives.
    IT is always being supplied voltage. Initially, it doesn't let any current flow through it due to high resistance. What happens is when light is incident on it, the resistance value decreases. This means that current will start flowing through it. ( Visit this link Light Dependent Resistor)

Now, connect this idea with the optocoupler explanation. When I use an bulb(LED) to create a light signal out of the electric signal I got from the PC, the LDR will convert it back to electrical supply. Now why do we do this? Isn't this a loss? It is a loss, but its worth it. Let me tell you how.
    Now, we know that we are using high voltage on the other side of the relay (230V). Suppose, by accident, the relay coil touches the switch, then the high voltage gets a chance to enter into the electronic circuit, which may be only 6V. That creates total destruction in the electronic side. It would burn your electronics, even your PC. So, what will we do? We will isolate the PC from the electronics. How? Using the optocoupler. Now, in the circuit, if there is an optocoupler, what happens is that in such a condition, only the LDR burns out. Then there is no electrical connection with the PC. It is safe!. Now tell me, isn't optocoupler worth t?

If you REALLY understood it, we can go into details. If not, please ask more questions!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hmm very nice explanation thanks
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Goyal,
    This was posted by ash in #-Link-Snipped-#
    I think you would like this one.
    ash
    For simplicity of use, you can just get a 315/433 MHz wireless keyfob with a matching receiver. There are some available with other 100m range. There are some receivers that can adapt to the transmitter, such as:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

At least with the above, you don't need to spend time on coding.

HOWEVER, since this is quite a critical component of the car, the above is only useful for testing. For real life implementation, don't get any basic radio transmitter without encryption. Or else others can easily immobilize your car, or even get immobilized by random radio interference.
    The link in it is of a radio receiver. Just go through it if it interests you. This should interest you. Kindly comment on it.

PS: Dear CE ash, No offence. Copied it just to help him out.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @aj-Nice one buddy.Well you are right in providin goyal with a wireless control ckt. as that is the THING nowadays.
  • siddh1008
    siddh1008
    of course you can do that.....i also used this ckt arrange ment in my final year project....and you know...we did wireless....controll of appliences....using..rf moduls ....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys can any one help me learning about telnet... i want to learn it... can anyone help me how to use it...with some working commands....??????
Hello friends please post all your computer related articles here. No writing skill required. Just post articles as your views. Don't copy anyone's article,please keep all post original. Thank You....
Hey CEans! If you are still a student, you can have free access to 24 of Autodesk's great collection of software. Special thanks to mad_scientist for the heads up! Visit:...
I would like to know the difference between the brayton , joules & belcoleman cycles ..
😀Hello, The project m doing is based on microcotroller (programised-psuedo code,assembly language) but I want to use C-codes, but how to implement it and Write it. If any one has...