PLC Based Project for Instrumentation engineers

i want to do a PLC based project in my major plz help me out

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE. Could you tell us what your project is and what problems you are facing so that engineers here can help you out?
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    I had done a PLC based project in final year. Interested to know more about your ideas.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Shreyas Sule
    I had done a PLC based project in final year. Interested to know more about your ideas.
    Can you please share your project title it may inspire some more addition in project and it may become a new project.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    Titled "PLC controlled cooling of metal billet", the project consisted of controlling the amount of water required to cool a heated metal billet. The amount of water required for cooling varied directly as the temperature.
    The model was in fact a demo version of an actual sub-process, solventizing of soyabean flakes, in Soyabean Oil Extraction process. Oil is extracted from the crushed soyabeans by spraying of hexane on the non uniform crushed soyabean flakes. The amount of hexane sprayed is not dependent on the mass of flakes. As a result, a large quantity of hexane is wasted.
    So the PLC was introduced to increase the cost efficiency of the process. By using load cells and RTDs we can control the amount of hexane sprayed on the soyabean flakes. PLC was used to control the operation of the solenoid valves to spray hexane (water) on soyabean flakes (heated metal billet). PLC used was Delta DVP-EX. Both analog and digital inputs were used. Programming was done in ladder mode (simplest 😀 ).
  • bhaveshri patil
    bhaveshri patil
    Shreyas Sule
    Titled "PLC controlled cooling of metal billet", the project consisted of controlling the amount of water required to cool a heated metal billet. The amount of water required for cooling varied directly as the temperature.
    The model was in fact a demo version of an actual sub-process, solventizing of soyabean flakes, in Soyabean Oil Extraction process. Oil is extracted from the crushed soyabeans by spraying of hexane on the non uniform crushed soyabean flakes. The amount of hexane sprayed is not dependent on the mass of flakes. As a result, a large quantity of hexane is wasted.
    So the PLC was introduced to increase the cost efficiency of the process. By using load cells and RTDs we can control the amount of hexane sprayed on the soyabean flakes. PLC was used to control the operation of the solenoid valves to spray hexane (water) on soyabean flakes (heated metal billet). PLC used was Delta DVP-EX. Both analog and digital inputs were used. Programming was done in ladder mode (simplest 😀 ).

Can u plz mail me ur project details. I wan to work on this project for my final yr project. My mail id- #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thankyou

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

myself D.kalpana shree pursuing my b.e. degree in s.a.engineering college. My aim is to get placed in an reputed organisation and work on innovative and creative projects. my hobbies are...
this is Ishwariya of eee depatment ... my hobbies are gardening and pencil sketching....i knew crazy engineers through my friend aarthi
Okay so this program was asked from me in an interview and in spite of answering all the previous questions I couldn't clear it because I could not write this...
Hey all, Do any of you have FlashLite enabled phones like Samsung STAR, Samsung MONTE, Samsung CORBY? Have you ever tried writing codes for it? Have you tried developing custom...
When searched for this doubt, I found different answers.Got very confused.Someone help to find correct. The answers which I found for this are 1) Due to: average voltage generated by...