Play Audio Video Files In RedHat 5.4?

I just want to know how to play audio and video files on red hat 5.4?
I have downloaded Mplayer and I don't know how to install it as it is in .tar.bz2 format.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    To install a tar.bz2 format, please extract the contents of that file to any folder.

After that, please open terminal, navigate to the folder you extracted and type this command.
    ./make
    ./install
    Your program will be installed in a jiffy. My best advice is to use .rpm or .deb installation files. I guess it is .rpm in your case. 😀 All the best. 😁
  • xxxabhash007
    xxxabhash007
    I have installed realplayer through .rpm package. The installation has shown successful complete. But still I am unable to open my mp3 & video files.
    What should I do? And what is the problem?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Dude, please install VLC Media Player... It plays almost everything!!! Almost Everything!!! 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know how to decide how much height require for central storage tank..... Following points may helpful.... Tank wants to construct for a township project. In township total...
Helo guys, i recent got a scholarship to study any computer program of my choice but the thing is that i dont know the certification that will be helpful in...
I am doing a project on the gas cleaning system. We are using the Dolomite powder for the cleaning the gas. I have some issues about the dolomite powder which...
Embrace failure to make success embrace you. Great Leadership: Has Success Eluded You Because You Eluded Failure?
Android and iOS have been fighting for the supremacy in the mobile operating systems domain. While Android enjoys lot of contribution from the Open Source community, iOS is primarily handled...