pendrive problem.......... please help!!!!!

my transcend 8gb pendrive when connected to the pc gets detected but does'nt get formatted and is not working. when i tried to format it it shows
CAPACITY: 883gb (only one option)
filesystem: exFat(only one otion)
allocation unit size: default unit size

and whenever i try to format it gives error " unable to complete the format"
i have also formatted in dos and storage managment but stil the same problem.
i have formatted even in low level format tool but it gives the seek error.

please provide me the solution.

earlier when it was working i use to format the pendrive either in fat or ntfs and exfat option was not even appearing in it.

Replies

• slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Rprstar,

Ok exFAT is the extended fat file system in order to reformat it back to NTFS you have to download an update from windows then only you can format it back to NTFS

NOTE: You cannot format it to FAT32 Again!! it is only possible to convert it to NTFS

You can download the update from this link : #-Link-Snipped-#

Once downloaded install it and then follow the following steps:

-> Open Windows Explorer

-> Left click mouse on the drive you want to format.

-> The drop down menu will appear go to the bottom to properties and left click mouse.

-> In the properties area go to the Tab named HARDWARE and left click the mouse, Go down the list and find the drive yo want to format to NTFS, left click the mouse on the drive and Click on the button Properties.

-> Click the tab named policies , change the Optimize for quick removal to Optimize for Performance.

-> Click the OK button on both widows to close them.

-> Go back to the windows explorer and right click drive you just changed. Click on Format, in the drop down you will now have NTFS, FAT32, and exFat.

-> Change to NTFS and press the START button.

Hope this helps!!

-Arvind

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ClubHACK magazine is the First Indian Hacking magazine. It focuses on hardcore hacking and security. What's imp is that it is e-magazine and free!! The latest issue covers following topics:-...
Whenever you go to market and ask for a part made of alloy (which of course cannot be made by melting and adding to each other) what does the shop-keeper...
Hello friend's, I have to create an e-post application using java.But i didn't have any idea about e-post. Anybody know what is e-post and how it works....? 😕
8.9 quake strikes Japan and triggers tsunami 😔 I just saw on television that 8.9 quake has struck on the north east coast of Japan and has triggered Tsunami. The...
a nagpur based entrepreneur Ajit singh designed the worlds' largest pen. this pen is 29.7 kg in weight and 13.3 feet in height. it can write for 10 kms and...