Tsunami In Japan After 8.9 Earthquake

8.9 quake strikes Japan and triggers tsunami

๐Ÿ˜” I just saw on television that 8.9 quake has struck on the north east coast of Japan and has triggered Tsunami.

The videos shown are horrible!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A massive Tsunami hit Japan after 8.9 Richter earthquake. The northeast coast of Japan has been destroyed. THe origin of the quake is in Pacific Ocean.

There have been several strong aftershocks and a warning of a ten-metre tsunami following the quake, which also caused buildings to shake violently in the capital Tokyo.

Several people have injured after a roof collapsed at a hall in Tokyo where a graduation ceremony for 600 students was being held.

One person was confirmed dead in the city of Sendai in the northeast and there are reports of several large fires in the city.

The runways at Sendai Airport have been submerged, with dozens of people seen on the roof of the terminal building.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    Japan hit by Tsunami after Massive Earthquake!!

Japan today experienced an earthquake of 8.9 magnitude!!! The earthquake has struck off Japan's northeastern coast triggering 4 m high Tsunami! Many countries in the pacific region are issued a warning for Tsunami including Hawaii state (USA) , Russia, Philippines etc.
    Meanwhile, the Indian Sensex that saw some rise in last 2-3 days, has fallen 250 points after the earthquake news!
    Lets pray for the affected people.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A warning has been issued to Philippines and Russia. Please help us spread the message.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Japan's Nuclear Power Plants have been shut down just after the tsunami attack. Public broadcaster NHK showed flames and black smoke billowing from a building in Odaiba, a Tokyo suburb, and bullet trains to the north of the country were halted. Black smoke was also pouring out of an industrial area in Yokohama's Isogo area. TV footage showed boats, cars and trucks floating in water after a small tsunami hit the town of Kamaichi in northern Japan. An overpass, location unknown, appeared to have collapsed into the water.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The Earthquake has hit again ๐Ÿ˜” . Latest news!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All threads merged under one.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here's a video:

[video=youtube;cKh-QaeT6rc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKh-QaeT6rc[/video]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    More videos -
    [video=youtube;jQyJWftdcr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jQyJWftdcr8[/video]

[video=youtube;8eIVp8EwG5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8eIVp8EwG5Y[/video]
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Oh my god!!! Its true then... They just said and we all went to the food court... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Just heard the news. Alert level tsunami issued on other parts of Philippines.
    Let's pray to all the people affected by this massive earthquake.
  • kalaianand
    kalaianand
    i saw vedioes,.. oh god, its really horrible
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Oh too bad to know this.... ๐Ÿ˜”
    May God bless all.... Everyone please stay alerted..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    [SIZE=-1]Tsunami Alert for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and others. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    [/SIZE]
    AbraKaDabra
    [SIZE=-1]Tsunami Alert for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and others. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    [/SIZE]
    Any causalities till now?
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Oh terrible news.Lets prey for Japan.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    No idea. Just watched on CNN the news about cooling functions not working on Nuclear Reactors in Japan.
    AbraKaDabra
    No idea. Just watched on CNN the news about cooling functions not working on Nuclear Reactors in Japan.
    What's the relation?
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    really sad incidence.......... not much causalities after 1st earthquake....... no updates for another 1..........
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    After watching the disasters ,I have no words to say

Just praying for those who lost their lives that their soul rests in peace
  • gohm
    gohm
    Best wishes to all those who are affected by this quake and tsunamis.
    gohm
    Best wishes to all those who are affected by this quake and tsunamis.
    Are you serious, what have you said???
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @praveen: don't spam.

[SIZE=-1]New Tsunami Alert: Waves expected across the Pacific region[/SIZE]
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    Destruction on a large scale. But you can't compare the casualties with what we had in India in 2004 Tsunami on the east coast! Things are supposedly changing in India. We have a good alert system now against Tsunami and they declared just after 20 mins of quake that it won't hit Indian coasts!
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Thank God no destructive tsunami hit Philippines!!!! Thank you Lord!!!!
    AbraKaDabra
    @praveen: don't spam.

[SIZE=-1]New Tsunami Alert: Waves expected across the Pacific region[/SIZE]
    Na no spamming... He said Best Wishes... I was shocked...
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Hearty condolences to all Japaneses.....May God be with them...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maybe we've early indication of total Earth destruction to happen in 2012.
  • sarah_joy
    sarah_joy
    The_Big_K
    i really hope it wouldn't happen.. ๐Ÿ˜”
    just thinking about it gives a chill to my spine.

i am so thankful that there is no tsunami alerts in our place here in the Philippines,
    and just like what maria Flor had said,i am also very thankful that tsunami didn't create destruction in the Philippines.
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    praveenscience
    Any causalities till now?
    yes, there is news that around 400 people have died in the tsunami. Very bad situation there.
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    May god help all those people stuck our there...

The_Big_K
    NO, no such thing will happen. Those are all fake predictions (I hope so).
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I hope the 2012 prediction will not happen.... I want to be an engineer someday!!!!
    Ha! We will be watching 2012 Movie during 2013 and laughing at it... Guys, understand... How can there be a mass destruction? Even GP predicts the Earth will be totally water only on 2057. So, I guess Maria will be an Engineer and so on... Don't worry, Biggie...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    My condolences to those effected by this disaster. As much as Japan was prepared for the quake, tsunamis are a lot harder to protect against. Insane power of water. Lets hope they manage to contain their nuclear reactors in time.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    ash
    Lets hope they manage to contain their nuclear reactors in time.
    yeah i hope for the same too...
    the last thing they need is a nuclear leak to add up to their problems ๐Ÿ˜”
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Hoping that they can manage to prevent the leak on the nuclear plant and no people near there will be affected by the radiation.
    Latest News: 1600+ Casualties and Nuclear Leak Danger!!! Omg!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    praveenscience
    Latest News: 1600+ Casualties and Nuclear Leak Danger!!! Omg!!! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Let's pray for the souls of people died during earthquake. And also the leak will not create a great danger to the lives of all the people who live there.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does anyone have an update on the news of blast at Nuclear plant?
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    3 people been confirmed positive of radiation. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Radioactive cesium leaked!!!! Oh my God!!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Today i will appreciate japan from one point

Guys Did you even a single Japanese crying after such a massive destruction ?
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    yup..I saw it on TV,they're crying really hard especially children...๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Exceptions are always there
    But one thing i can say with guarantee that japan will recover from these situation very soon
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Japanese are brave and strong people!!! Surely they can recover from this situation.
    Even though they killed many fellow Filipinos..we and our government still sympathize, pray for them and ready to help Japan...
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    The_Big_K
    Does anyone have an update on the news of blast at Nuclear plant?
    1) 2 lakh people relocated.
    2) 22 people positively affected due to radiation.
    3) 10.65 microsieverts radiation but not harmful enough.
    4) Electricity production falls by 25%
    5) Fuel Rod meltdown alert in Unit 2.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Its a disaster!

US supplied coolant to the power plants which are in danger, hopefully there would not be more damage!
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    I also heard that due to this quake earth has shifted on its axis by ten centimeters. Is it true?
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    Check out the following article on Voice to know "What exactly went wrong at the Fukushima power plant?"
    https://www.crazyengineers.com/what-exactly-went-wrong-at-the-fukushima-nuclear-power-plant/
    Recent news is also being updated in the comments column.
  • just_Ritu
    just_Ritu
    Varsha0802
    I also heard that due to this quake earth has shifted on its axis by ten centimeters. Is it true?
    1) The earth's axis shifted by 4 inches.
    2)The GPS station at Honshu, Japan was found to have shifted by 8 feet i.e. the land area decreases by 8 feet.
    3) The earth will now complete one rotation 1.6 microsecond earlier i.e. th length of the day decreases by that amount of time.
    4) Around 20,000 people have been estimated to be injured.
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    just_Ritu
    1)
    3) The earth will now complete one rotation 1.6 microsecond earlier i.e. th length of the day decreases by that amount of time.
    Oh, thanks for the information. Is it going to affect weather cycle, anyhow?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    things are only getting worse with JAPAN, now that the fourth N explosion has occured ๐Ÿ˜”
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    How many reactors are there in the plant??
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes, The earth will rotate 1.6 microseconds than usual.
    The axis has shifted 4 inches and yes one of the island in Japan has moved 8 feet !
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    "How many reactors are there in the plant?? "
    3 are active reactors and 3 of them are reactors where used uranium rods are stored.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    People are in a bad state. They cannot eat or drink. The things are getting infected by radiation. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Some vegetables specifically spinach and milks been detected to have radiation. There are also shortages in food, gasoline and water.๐Ÿ˜”
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Japanese People are phoenix! Back in 2 weeks...
    Hats off
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    Japan Government has decided to close 4 out of 6 reactors.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    As we can all see that restoration works in Japan are in full swing. Why don't we share about those we come to know? It will help make clear the picture as to how the work is proceeding.

I got the following information.
    The National disaster Response force (NDRF) from Bharat is helping Japan government in restoration process. It is 46 member team who started works from March 28 has found 10 dead bodies. They have also found jewelery and currency notes in the demolished areas which they have returned to local authorities. The Japanese government has asked Bharat to extend their services for 10 more days and Bharat has readily agreed.
    Hope everyone gets back to normal life soon.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    just as I was going through old news papers I saw a letter Thank you for Kizuna by Naoto Kan, Prime minister of Japan.

read it here. ๐Ÿ˜€ A great man he is really.

We will repay you for aid; Thank you for the Kizuna โ€“ Neeraj Bhushan

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

a nagpur based entrepreneur Ajit singh designed the worlds' largest pen. this pen is 29.7 kg in weight and 13.3 feet in height. it can write for 10 kms and...
written assignments should be banned completely. some productive and useful type of assignments like ppts mini projects should be given. what are your opinions? ๐Ÿ˜ก
Hi, I am Farjand. I am in Mechanical branch from last 1 year.I like swimming as I have achieved a gold medal in school.My aim is to do something good...
I was thinking of designing some thing in these summer holidays using CATIA which I recently learned.I want to modify products using it.Does any company offers to design its products...
It is an intriguing question I came across when I was reading something on the internet. What is your take on the question ?