Pen drive: The drive is not formatted error

when i insert the pen drive in the port...and try to open it up
the following error message pops up "the drive is not formatted",although it has some data in it(it worked perfectly fine ,earlier)
and the green icon also shows up on the right corner.I have some important data in it and need to open it.can anyone please suggest a way😕

Replies

• roxy_1001
    roxy_1001
    Re: pen drive

hmm... try if it works ,,, download data recovery software from internet (download from torrent so you can get full version) and recover data from device and format it !
  • Pechu
    Pechu
    Re: pen drive

Try using it in different PCs.. if that does'nt work, its hard to recover data from it. You must format it 😔
  • noddy007
    noddy007
    just right click on pen drive & copy direct whole pen drive on dekstop & then open it
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Based on my personal experience, I'd suggest you as Pechu said. Try using it on different systems. Also, open the pen drive using Linux (live CD). I had faced similar problem, and I was able to open the drive from Linux.

PS: I don't know the reason.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.. i am a 4th semester electronics and comm. student.. i m trying to start on a mini project... plz help me out by giving me some ideas regarding what...
can any one tell me where we find the cache memory of ram ? correct me if i am wrong. 😁
Hey, I am a newbie, and I hope I am not abusing the very purpose of this forum. I am currently pursuing my B.tech in E&E engineering. I am searching...
I am a computer engineering student and recently came across term Keyboard Buffering. Can someone explain to me what exactly is keyboard buffering?
in a bipolar junction transistor (used as an amplifier) the collector current is alpha times the emitter current and alpha is always less than one ,but amplification means the input...