Oracle functions

Hi guys!!
Its time to worm up with your knowledge about oracle functions...

Replies

• 123_neha
    123_neha
    i need to list down all the dates between two dates using oracle
    both dates belong to different columns
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    The following select statement would give you the dates between the two dates with an explanation also follows the solution -

select to_date('', 'dd-mon-yyyy') + rownum - 1 as dt
    from all_objects
    where to_date('','dd-mon-yyyy') + rownum - 1 <= to_date('', 'dd-mon-yyyy');

Here rownum is pseudo column sequential number given to each row returned by the query. There is no specialty of using all_objects table except that it is table with huge number of rows and as select statement would require enough number of rows to display the result as internally the "select" keyword of SQL is actually a loop and all_objects table would provide enough rows for its iteration until the last in the range is displayed. The limitation of the query is however is that it can not give range of dates beyond the number of rows contained in the table referenced.

I hope you would be satisfied with the answer and the explanation.

Here the assumption is that you would require the limits of range (start/end date) to be also included in the result.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am b T ech Mechanical graduated in 2012 .. I appeared fro Gate 2013 .. It was not that good .. but I am expecting some NIT for M...
How to crack a technical interview .. ? cause sometimes you are bombarded with questions from any part of mechanical engineering .. be it thermal fluid ..design .. production .....
Hey! i have make solar tracker and that solar energy i stored in dc battery but is there any way to increase the efficiency of solar panel. There are some...
hai, This is zeno singhs.And I am doing my UG in Information Technology,in vickram college of engineerng near sivagangai. And my native is madurai situated in tamil nadu,southern part of...
Due to the rise of cyber crimes,I came to a conclusion that it is wise to improve my skills in relation to networking. I am dedicated to learn new ideas...