Open Source Software To Design GUI?

I did basic searches on Google but couldn't find what I'm looking for. I'd appreciate if you could give me pointers to relevant sources. Here's what I'm trying to do:-

I'm trying to design a GUI for one of our upcoming features ๐Ÿ‘ . Until now, I've been working with pen and paper and then tried few designs with power-point (it's an excellent design tool, I must say). But is there any open source or freeware software (preferably on Mac) that I can use to design the GUI (for web based service)?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I really need few pointers folks ๐Ÿ˜€ , does anyone know a good software that lets me design GUI?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Omnigraffle!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Try that.. Hope it helps!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Omnigraffle!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Try that.. Hope it helps!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    That's $99.99; not the kind of money I'm planning to spend on a GUI design software. Does anyone know an open source software alternative?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    That's $99.99; not the kind of money I'm planning to spend on a GUI design software. Does anyone know an open source software alternative?
    Do you want full version? or trial version is enough?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope, I think I found what I was looking for : #-Link-Snipped-#
    The_Big_K
    Nope, I think I found what I was looking for : #-Link-Snipped-#
    But it is totally online, will you be comfortable?
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    If you want full version of Omnigraffle gui hear is the Torrent link
    deepu11111111
    If you want full version of Omnigraffle gui hear is the Torrent link
    Boss!!! No piracy please!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# , please do not post links to pirated software. It's against the protocol of this site. We do not encourage piracy.

#-Link-Snipped-# : Please avoid quoting the links; it just doubles up mod's work of removing them from posts.
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# , please do not post links to pirated software. It's against the protocol of this site. We do not encourage piracy.

#-Link-Snipped-# : Please avoid quoting the links; it just doubles up mod's work of removing them from posts.
    Didn't think in that view... Will take care... Thanks... ๐Ÿ˜
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    I am absolutely sorry #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-#
    That's way this site is always fresh
    I am sure i will never repeat this
  • bigbaby
    bigbaby
    There is also a tool called pencil. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    bigbaby
    There is also a tool called pencil. #-Link-Snipped-#
    This looks useful too. Pencil can be only installed into Firefox 4+ as an addon? No support for Chrome or Safari?
  • bigbaby
    bigbaby
    I do't think so. But there is a stand alone version for all the major OS.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's one that I found that looks promising (the free version is cool too) -

JustInMind: Free prototyping tool for web & mobile apps - Justinmind
  • bigbaby
    bigbaby
    Free edition some features seems blocked ๐Ÿ˜”.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bigbaby
    Free edition some features seems blocked ๐Ÿ˜”.
    Yeah, but that's the case with most of the 'freemium' type of software. I guess pen and paper is the best tool we can have for all the wireframes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My full name is Tsion Getachew Beka.i live in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).i'm fourth year ECE (communication stream)student in Addis Ababa university institute of technology.i like reading,watching movies,chatting with friends &...
Engineers are considered to be doers and not talkers. The best they can manage is to sketch something and use monosyllabic jargon in talking to others of the ilk. But...
Civil engineering projects have now become major mechanical engineering marvels. Boring a 7.1 m diameter tunnel is mind boggling. We should take pride that engineers can do such tasks. https://www.theengineer.co.uk/1012220.article?cmpid=TE01
Yesterday the day which was most saddest day in my college life. . My 8th sem classes got over. . Going to miss my class rooms, laboratories, mass bunks, group...
2010 / 2011 BTech / MTech Recruitment - 07th April 2012 - Cochin Venue:St. Albert's College, Banerji Road, Ernakulam. Company: Poornam Infovision Role: Software Engineer 2010 / 2011 Batch freshers...