OBSTACLE DETECTION VEHICLE FOR VISUALLY CHALLENGED PEOPLE

Project Abstract / Summary :
  • Our project primarily focuses on obstacle detection. It uses regenerative type principle which can generate energy by the gravitational force available in the vehicle suspension system.
  • Our ultimate aim is to assist person having challenges in the eye sight when they encounter obstacles. It is to guide the person avoiding collision in the path and also can be used for load carrying purpose.
  • This vehicle also provides a means for helping them in their livelihood.
  • In the earlier days blind people took the assistance of other normal person in moving around the places. Later they choose to use walking sticks to detect the obstacles in their path. In the course of technological improvement, they used ultrasonic sensor based walking stick to detect the obstacle.
  • This advent in the technology helped us to provide a support system for them. Our project will be focussed on the introduce a walking vehicle used to detect the obstacle and also for load carrying purpose. The load carrying unit creates inertia, can be converted to useful energy for the operation of the vehicle, which is the main advantage for our project.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : The conventional walking stick does not able to measure the height of the obstacle encountered in the path way.
The sensor based walking stick operates by using replaceable battery. Also it does not assist in load carrying purpose as it does not have any provision.

The person walk anywhere without any guidance.
The vehicle is to be directed automatically.

Project Highlights : the project is mainly provided for the students is to check the complete knowledge about the course and also they will implementing the new innovative product to the people.Our project is mainly on guiding of visually challenged people,since they will meets the more difficulties due to increasing of automobile vehicle that will affects the more number of visually challenged people.so,that they can developing the manually driven sensor guiding vehicle for visually challenged people.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: KINGSTON ENGINEERING COLLEGE
City: VELLORE
State: TAMIL NADU
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

American smartphone manufacturer InFocus has launched “the perfect selfie phone”, the InFocus Bingo 21 in India at an amazing price tag of Rs. 5499. The very reasonably priced smartphone comes...
In web authoring how can i make a picture move from top to bottom?
Friends i wan to share with u. I am going to create a new application. I want to give you some information to you. please asked me question about application...
Scientists and engineers from MIT along with the French government’s research organization, CNRS have discovered the actual structure of Kerogen, the solid hydrocarbon which is the main constituent of contemporary...
how i update my status on crazy engineers