o-rng gland design

Hi,
Can anyone help me in understanding design of o-rings. what are the parameters which need to be known for designing the gland/groove for an o-ring
Thank you.

Replies

• lapputappu
    lapputappu
    why dont u first go through wikipedia .
    It is actually a collection of knowledgiers
  • vish4me
    vish4me
    I have a doubt.
    how do you select the cross-section dia of o-ring. this seems to the starting point in designing the o-ring glnd.
    Thank you.
  • yaang
    yaang
    O-ring
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    An O-ring, also known as a packing, or a toric joint, is a mechanical gasket in the shape of a torus; it is a loop of elastomer with a disc-shaped cross-section, designed to be seated in a groove and compressed during assembly between two or more parts, creating a seal at the interface.

So to start designing the o-ring you have to know the parameters of the 2 other parts which your going to place the o-ring in between.
  • lapputappu
    lapputappu
    #-Link-Snipped-#

jst go through dis page i think it will help you
  • Tkelly
    Tkelly
    First thing is whether you need O ring for static or dynamic application.
    Then only you can select O ring.
    Cross section can depend upon how big is gland and shaft dia.

Tom
    CAD Outsourcing Services India | Indovance Inc

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Could anyone please tell me the subject wise books recommended for GATE EE preparation ?
Hi everyone. I'm using Diolan GPIO-24 Adapter and I need to use it as digital-to-analog converter. I'm noticed that GPIO-24 API has commands to work with embedded analog-to-digital converter module,...
i got this through a mail.......😀 This will beat all the low fuel consumption cars in the world! NEW CAR- FOR $600------- New Single Seat VW This is not a...
1. Michael Jackson - No surprise here, what with a massively publicized death and a huge movie that followed shortly after. 2. Twilight - Hardly shocking. 3. WWE - Apparently...
The Global Language Monitor, which tracks language trends, has released its annual global survey of the English language. This includes not just the most popular words, but the most popular...