Not able to connect facebook chat server !!

hello guy's
I want to know the current chat server address of facebook.I ping for facebook.com and found "chat.facebook.com" and the port no is 5222 but seems like it's not working.
still it shows
service-unavailable(503)
Any idea how to fix it ?

I am using java to devlop my IM.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Dude, try using the right HTTP Access method. You might use GET to access it, when the method might not be supported. But this error seems to be from the Server Side, I meant, Facebook's. So you gotta wait until those people there fix it... ๐Ÿ˜
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    @Praveen didn't get you.
    Look i am using SMTP protocol to create a messenger.I have done with gtalk using the server "talk.gmail.com".But when i want to do this with facebook it will show the error what i mentioned above.
    I am using "chat.facebook.com" as a server.
    See, chat.facebook.com server doesn't exist!
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    Screenshot-1

Look at the above picture.
    Just ping for the "chat.facebook.com" you may see jabber protocols are there which is used in most of the websites to provide online chatting like gtalk,yahoo,facebook.
    I guess it is kinda giving a HTTP 301 Status buddy... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ So, for sure it doesn't work... Only 200 Works... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    I am able to connect the gmail,yahoo,hotmail and all the other servers but still get error during the connection with FB.
    Its a client request right? If so, do this... Open the site in Firefox, and keep Net tab in Firebug opened. Post what is the HTTP Response. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Anything other than HTTP 200 doesn't work!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ So, make sure you are getting 200. Sometimes, it goes like 301 and 302 too!
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    Didn't get you
    what does it mean
    keep Net tab in Firebug opened
    I am using XMPP(extensible messaging and presence protocol).
    I haven't used http protocol anywhere.
    Oh oh... Fine... Somehow track the HTTP Requests... Coz, XMPP is through HTTP right?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey CEans I know that life's kind of busy, But do try and take time to relax... Coz being an Engineer ain't easy, As the world's moving without a pause......
The mind is a battlefield of good and evil. There are many things in life that seem out of place. Many a times, we find life falling apart all of...
i need details on regenerative breaking for my college project.. Plz help
I have available all test banks and solution manuals for Pearson, Prentice Hall, Cengage, and McGraw-Hill books. Please contact if you are interested in these study tools. ๐Ÿ˜
I'm coming from a geology standpoint here, so bear with me...my goal is to measure some of the physical characteristicsof various earth materials (sands, gravels, clays, etc.) by pulsing a...