Nokia plans Linux phone

The world's largest mobile company, plans to install Linux software next year.

Nokia Linux Maemo operating system is seen as a key for the top cellphone maker in the battle against Apple's iPhone

The Maemo operating system will be updated in 2010, with full Qt technology which enables software developer to create application for different operating system, iphone like touchscreen and tighter integration of Nokia.

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    Nokia has already launched N900 with maemo OS.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    yes I know that

But that doesn't seem too have gone well with the result

They are planning to transform, upgrade and relaunch as a fresh start with great updates planned
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thats great, cause Nokia phones can be really cheap after a while 😀
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Why so Ash?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, Nokia phones depreciate quickly because of the quick product cycles of Nokia phones. New models always come out, drives prices of existing phones in a negative trend 😀 Not necessarily a bad thing. This contrasts with Apple's approach of being expensive and niche.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    OK! Ya this happens with the Nokia phones

But then this is what benefits the consumers.. A phone launched with a price tag of 18000 bugs turn out to be a 14000 item in matter of couple of months

And this happens many other companies be it a Samsung, Sony Ericson or LG

Don't you think so?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yeap, it definitely benefits the customers. Nokia targets more market segments compared to other companies, and actively promotes different ranges of their phones from budget to high end. Other companies, while providing different ranges as well, only focus on promoting specific types to suit their strategies.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Yeh Nokia is so much popular in India

The most important features of Nokia phones include durable, sturdy and a very long battery life as compared to any other player in the market

India accounts for a major share of its revenue.. Following its footsteps other companies like Samsung have also started to launch phones in sub 2K price range targetting the lower urban class to increase their sales

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any suggest an interesting topic for mini project in dbms using vb😎
Tomorrow i will be in pune so i am posting tomorrow's "Today's featured download" Today Vista Drive Icon Size :- 132.21 KB You can use this application in order to...
Sir / madam, My question is Temperature of 5 days recorded. Their product is 12. Find the temperatures. Advance Thanks, R.Rengaraj {NIT 63/2007/Pg 7 (Infosys Part-1)} {On this forum my...
Wheter to index the wordpress blogs search engines need to consider the robots.txt? TO be indexed do we need to modify that robots.txt file?
Sir, i wish to prepare a paper presentation on variable valve lift. From where i can get detailed study of it. i mean i wish to study each and every...