No Innovation From India In 60 Years - Narayana Murthy : Agree / Disagree?

Narayana Murthy was speaking at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and his words were not very pleasing. Murthy said that there has been no innovation from India; not a single household name in the globe that has been invented in India. He did say that 'Global Delivery Model' and '24 hours workday' came from Infosys that transformed the productivity of global corporations.

Murthy said that the problem is not limited to the educational system; it's because none of the prime ministers of India since Jawaharlal Nehru paid any attention to the research from the country.

I'm starting this debate/discussion so that our fellow CEans can express themselves. Do you agree with Mr. Murthy? Write your thoughts!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Sir CV Raman was the chief guest at the first convocation of IIT Madras. In his speech he said that India was poor in technology. We imported the coiled coil Tungsten element for bulbs. Importing a material unavailable was not wrong. Not knowing how to make a filament and coil it was not acceptable. The then director Dr.Sen Gupto bleated that 90% of the bulb was indigenous made.
    To which Raman (He can be very acidic from what I have seen of him on many occasions) said, "I am very glad that 90% of the bulb is Indian. 90% of a Tungsten lamp is vacuum, which confirms what I said about Indian Technology".

(That was in the early sixties)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You just confirmed that nothing's changed in over 60 years! Now engineers and non-engineers have to just find someone to point there fingers at. ☕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of CDAC aspirants have contacted asking which CDAC course is the best for job and placements? Frankly speaking, I did not know the answer but the volume of...
CDAC centres allotted to all who applied can be discussed in this thread so students who will attempt CDAC in the near future can get a good idea. Please post...
Helloo, Can anyone please tell me how is CDAC noida for DESD course...??????? What about placements and coaching?
After Google pushed Ext4 Encryption patch, I was kinda excited to implement it on my system. Anyone out here have knowledge to encrypt Ext4 FS without losing my data/ without...
What are the career options for mechanical engineers ?