New YouTube Layout - Opinion?

I'm sure you must have seen the new Youtube layout by now. I personally am hating it. It could be a bug, but on a higher resolution screen, the whole things is left-aligned. I think it might just work fine with the lower resolution displays.

What's your take on the new YouTube layout?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Seems the same in my old monitor. It is right justified. Shall check it out on other displays.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I hate the new layout the old was way too good and this replacement is not so attractive
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    The new layout confuses me. I don't like it. Make it as simple as possible gosh.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's all left-aligned on my screen, making it impossible for me to see the video without hurting my eyes. YouTube's getting a little boring these days. I wonder why is the world wasting so much of energy in protecting people's spam!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Is there any other websites like youtube offering Video stream other than dailymotion.com Am fed up with it
  • lal
    lal
    There is a light version of youtube available. They call it 'Feather'. Give it a try, might be appealing in such a situation.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I used bot new layout and feather _beta and both looks good on 20" monitor.
    Very neat and clean interface for comments and left navigation bar.
    feather _beta is quite light. 👍
  • sharkey
    sharkey
    Yeah the new Youtube sucks...
    No Trending videos, trop videos of the week etc

Though a few scripts make it usable
    Here are the scripts i use ...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

check it out if interested...
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I got a trending video option on my Nokia 603 Opera Mini Browser; but here at my office desktop, the settings look kind of boring. I wonder if there is a setting to change that.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Frequent Youtubers are having all sorts of complaints about the new layout.
    The new design is of little help when new users are trying to figure out what where and how to find the new content. In the old version, we could discover new content on the homepage itself. It used to break down the top videos into multiple categories like - science, technology, news, sports, comedy etc. Now that is no here.
    The new design definitely has a 'recommended' option on the far right corner - but very few people are noticing it.

Looks are definitely more professional. I think just like Facebook Timeline - Netizens will soon start getting used to this.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    I'm sure you must have seen the new Youtube layout by now. I personally am hating it. It could be a bug, but on a higher resolution screen, the whole things is left-aligned. I think it might just work fine with the lower resolution displays.

What's your take on the new YouTube layout?
    Same here. Didnt like it at all
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    Rather changing the layout, first of all they must change the format of showing advertisements before the selected video. 😛
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I used youtube so less that I am actually not noticing any difference. Before I had very slow buffering as I was on wireless (the dongle one, not wifi), however it offered a great download speed, so I never actually viewed the videos on youtube. I would just directly go to the link, start download and quit. So tl;dr, not making any difference me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

does anyone knows the method of reverse tethering???
Still experimental. It may become a reality if the economics pan out. A roller coaster train that works like the fun rides without an engine or driver! It is all...
Andrew Gray, a retired Naval Officer currently studying engineering, designed this robotic 'Bird Buggy' for Pepper, a 10-year-old family parrot with clipped wings, a loud mouth, and separation anxiety, to...
Till now the root growth theory held that gravity is important for the 'snaking' and 'waving' of plant roots on earth Experiments done on the International Space Station seems to...
i want to delete IObit advanced system care 5 but its not delete because one warning msg come that is the action can not be completed because this file is...