New wall follower C programming

Dear all,

i have this situation: i need my robot to move a distance X cm along a straight wall of length Y m (the length is of no concern, thats what i think):wink:. it has 2 proximity sensors, 1 bump sensor and an encoder to know by how much it is moving. it will move along the wall for distance X cm, paint, and move distance X cm and so on until it hits the next wall (perpendicular to its initial direction of travel).

from a keypad i will enter a value between 1-4, each number representing the number of walls to be painted. so, from the bump sensor the robot will know when to shutdown. e.g. if i press 2, the robot will move along the first wall, paint it in the 'move-along-wall-sequence', and when it hits the next wall (Bump_count =1), it will steer to the next wall. do the process again until it hits the wall end (Bump_count =2). The robot will shutdown when painting is over.

case 1: if the robot moves by X cm and the two prox sensors detect wall, it will stop and paint. Encoder_count is reset. it moves along wall.

case 2: if the robot moves by X cm and the ONE of the two prox sensors does not detect wall, it will continue until both sensors detect wall and then stop to paint(Note that Encoder_count is greater than X cm now).

case 3: if the robot moves by a distance less than 3/4(X) cm and the two prox sensors detect wall. it will not paint.

case 4: if the robot moves by a distance greater than 3/4(X) cm but less than X cm and the two prox sensors detect wall. it will paint.

so guys how to i put this in C language???😕

even if you can provide a solution for only ONE wall, i would be grateful..

Please, have a look at it..

Regards,
Satanas

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Moved to CS section.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Easy Poster Printer 2.0 File Size:- 5.54 MB With Easy Poster Printer you'll be able to print posters of any size, up to 20x20 meters. You can also adjust the...
Can any 1 give me information regarding 6 month training ion any iit college and about its date of release and final submission
Hello , i am pursuing computer science degree and i am in 4th semester. i am interested in doing summer training after 4th semester. is it advisable ??😕 please suggest...
i want to built a microcontroller based automatic Tea Maker.
CEans, I see that the most common confusion with robotics related thread is whether they should be placed in mechanical or electrical/electronics engineering section. Since we have fairly good number...