New Insight on Programming the Mind via Neuro-Psychology.

As i typed starting from my question regarding evolution i naturally shifted to programming the mind as new ideas flowed. It will start with the world renowned argument of "God" versus "Science" and then move to the nitty-gritty. I should mention that this is fairly shifty and not organized but you will get the idea ;p. I would like to share these thoughts because they aren't your everyday run of the mill ideas. I will gladly accept negative and positive responses. Questions are always welcome if you are curious.

Okay, so i found this interesting. Why is it that Chimpanzees ("Our Closest Mammalian Relative") is so gifted by nature to climb trees super fast and jump from limb to limb, while we on the other hand, are not? Chimpanzees live in rainforests and dryer climates with fewer trees. By instinct controlled by the Reptillian Brain they climb their trees to flee danger, especially in the tropical rain forests. If we evolved from Chimpanzees, and just like them, have the Reptillian Brain AND the Limbic System (Mammalian Brain), whatever happened to our inate reptillian instincts to be superb tree climbers?
My theory is that if Darwinism Truly defined our structure through evolution, then the Neocortex (involves conscious thought, working memory etc) may have ignited our fears in the emotional brain (Limbic) inducing the fear of heights. There was also plenty of time for the cycle to adapt to new climates as we are driving in cars today and don't need to climb trees. Tarzan is an excellent book even though i haven't read it in that it brings up this idea through a story. Maybe there has to be a trigger for the tree climbing abilities such as fear, so this may ultimately indicate that our Neocortex can be in control of our reptillian brain and instincts. Jim Morrison as a crude example was known as, "The Lizard King" with an IQ of 149 (genius). He had a gift of becoming one with things such as nature, objects, and the abstract arts such as music and poetry. He also experimented a lot with sensory enhancing and perception broadening drugs quite frequently. This may have also equipped his union if you will with nature. Or scientifically his direct connection between his Neocortex and the Reptillian Brain. As they worked together, his intuition is what formed his poetry as they flowed like "dust in the wind" as well as his music.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ProdigiousJ
    By instinct controlled by the Reptillian Brain they climb their trees to flee danger, especially in the tropical rain forests. If we evolved from Chimpanzees, and just like them, have the Reptillian Brain AND the Limbic System (Mammalian Brain), whatever happened to our inate reptillian instincts to be superb tree climbers?
    Probably it is still there.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • ProdigiousJ
    ProdigiousJ
    That's amazing. I'd like to know what sparked his interest. I had never seen that sport before! I do actually recall having to climb all the way down this steep ravine to retrieve a basketball and back up. I was 13 years old and very spirited as i ambitiouslly rushed down and up. I found it fun having to switch my vision to the next available root or tree as i moved upwards . I couldn't imagine facing a steep mountain structure like that though. You would have to completely adapt to a new sense of gravity kind of like a baby learning to walk.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Introduction to Data Communications was explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and share your views here…
CEans are being warned not to pick up calls from phone numbers +22455104323 and +22455104324. These numbers are reported to be scam phone numbers that deducted Rs. 45/minute from your...
Concepts of Transmission Impairments and Channel Capacity in Data Communications were explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and...
Fly that's a Spy! https://www.popsci.com/technology/ar...iary-gives-tiny-flying-robots-place-call-home
Concept of Guided Transmission Media in Data Communications was explained by Prof. A. Pal, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your doubts and share your...