New GRE Quantitative Comparison Sample Questions

Questions of this type ask you to compare two quantities — Quantity A and Quantity B — and then determine which of four statements describes the comparison.

Quantity A :[​IMG] Quantity B: [​IMG]

• Quantity A is greater.
  • Quantity B is greater.
  • The two quantities are equal.
  • The relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

[​IMG]
RSTU is a parallelogram.

Quantity A
: x Quantity B :y

• Quantity A is greater.
  • Quantity B is greater.
  • The two quantities are equal.
  • The relationship cannot be determined from the information given.

Replies

• shihan
    shihan
    1.A
    2.C
    plz give the answer
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The correct answers are A and D.
  • anujd1488
    anujd1488
    can u pls explain da 2nd answer
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ Hi Anuj,

In a parallelogram, the diagonal does not bisect the interior angles. Only in a rhombus, diagonals bisect the interior angles.

So, since it's not bisected, the relationship between X and Y cannot be determined unless you have some extra information, like the angle SRU etc..

Hence, the answer is D - the relationship cannot be determined from the info given. 😀
  • anujd1488
    anujd1488
    ok i got it .. thanks a lott
  • anujd1488
    anujd1488
    hey can u pls post some more good quantitative questions for practice pls..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​ 1. Approximately how many people are in the production and transportation sector of the workforce? 9 million 12 million 15 million 18 million 21 million 2. Approximately what fraction...
Hello, this is Rajesh. I am an Electronics and Instrumentation engineer and I want to discuss the recent technologies in power electronics.
You can download the GRE Mathematics Review PDF, which contains complete information about the types of mathematics concepts you need to know for taking the GRE. It also has practice...
Hi Friends, I am Mr.oxymoron. I would like to share and gain some knowledge from CZ. Thank You All.
hiiiii guyz plz tell me whch is the best laptop in the market nw dayz.....my budget is 40000-50000.............nd need general configuration wth 15.6 screen .....and also tell me abt netbuk...