New GRE 2011 Score Scale - How different is it?

The New GRE 2011 Score Scale is as follows:

• Verbal Reasoning scores will be reported on a new 130 – 170 score scale, in 1-point increments (versus 200 *– 800 in 10*-point increments).
  • Quantitative Reasoning scores will be reported on a new 130 – 170 score scale, in 1-point increments (versus 200 – 800 in 10-point increments).
  • Analytical Writing scores will continue to be reported on the same 0 – 6score scale, in half-point increments.
According to ETS, the schools you apply will now find it easier to compare your scores with the scores of other candidates.

The reason being, if you and another candidate have GRE revised General Test scores that have a one or two point difference, for example, then you and the other candidate performed similarly on the revised test.

The current test 200 – 800 score scale is broader and reported in 10-point increments which makes doesn't clearly say if it is a big difference or small difference.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

General Test Dates >> Approximate Score Report Mailing Dates and View Scores Online Dates August 1, 2011 TO September 8, 2011 >> November 8, 2011 September 9, 2011 TO October...
The new revised GRE features advanced technology is created such that it lets you use your own test-taking style and strategies. Following are the new features: 1. Preview and review...
People, I went to a seminar today and I stumbled upon a fact that batteries used in electric vehicles do not last long. Can we have a some ideas that...
1. When staying in a hotel, Bernard would arrange for his valet to bring him his newspaper in the dining room so that everyone would realize that he had a...
Hi, am new here. Really need someone to show me how things are being done here.