Need some feedback on Project.

Hey guys, I am currently working on a project for my software engineering class and there is this idea we built. I will tell about it in detail. Please feel free to post in your comments and feedback and all suggestions are welcome.

You all know about Indian Railway Ticketing Verification System. It is manual right now. A Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) manually goes to each and every passenger on board the train and ticks him off the charts he is carrying with him. Unless he is done checking all the passengers on the train, He cannot verify if everybody is present, or is there any vacant seat in the train. For that we decided to make a Windows app. Instead of the charts, he has to carry a tab. That tab is centrally linked to the database which is shared by all the TTE's authorized on that train. He can check seat availability, statistics, check-in and check-out passengers according to their boarding and destination point with ease. This enables better communication between the TTEs. Here I am posting some of the screenshots of the App. Please tell if we could add some more features that can be possibly useful to them. All suggestions and criticism are welcome. This is till the RAW application. All graphics and furnishings are left. It is developed in Visual Basic. For testing it supports 3 TTE Ids, 5 coaches with 10 seats each. A Data of 50 passengers for now. Later it will be enhanced.

Screenshot_1Screenshot_2Screenshot_3Screenshot_4Screenshot_5

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nice and innovative way bro.What can be the tab used with sim card support for this service?
    If im a tte I will be happy to have a tab in my hand.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Nice and innovative way bro.What can be the tab used with sim card support for this service?
    If im a tte I will be happy to have a tab in my hand.

It will be an APP. Not a dedicated Tab. You can use this device on any windows platform, lets say Laptop or any windows OS Tab. Our project need not be that big with dedicated gadgets

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

frnds,hw cn we derive the equations for L& C in buck& boost converter.
Base OS gets affected by virus, Is it possible that OS in virtual box or vmware getting affected by virus.
If u have document or note send me . or send me link about it.
We have drones for everything But have you imagined a drone that could track mosquitoes Have you imagined laser used to kill Mosquitoe? Imagine both at the same time now...
Is there any firm that manufactures and sells retail quantities of Milli Volt batteries Googling gave too many large scale vendors and no retailers and at the same some local...