Need help to start an IT firm

Hi frnds,
I am a final Computer Science Graduate, we are a group of 5 and we want to start a web development company. Can I get help on structure of a company?? From where can we get the projects?? How much to be charged etc.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-# . You already have a team and structuring a company shouldn't be a problem. If all 5 members are founders, you may form a private limited company. The structure may be defined over a period of time based on your individual expertise. You'll need someone to take up the role of CEO, who'll be responsible for overall decision making in the company. I'd also recommend defining roles for marketing, sales, business development & finance.

For web development company - you may find projects locally. It depends on what your offerings are. I'd recommend finding clients locally (colleges, institutes, local organisations etc.) and build a list of clients. Once that is done, you may start applying for projects at Odesk or eLance websites.

Charging will entirely depend on what your services are. If you're developing applications; you should keep in mind the servicing and maintenance charges as well. If you're opting for web development projects; you should make sure that each project makes you enough to handle company's operation costs and leaves you with profits. You will also have to take a look at what your direct competition is charging so that you keep getting repeat work.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, post them below.
  • Meraj Imran
    Meraj Imran
    Thank you so much Kaustubh!! Your reply really helped us in designing the basic structure for the company. As we are just starting, we first want to start the company by developing the websites by ourselves to the clients for minimum cost in order to make some money and when we start getting good projects, we would like to apply at Odesk. Will it be good??

Also, can you also give some more information related for registration of partnership firm??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You need not charge 'minimum' for all your projects. Make sure that your services are second to none and you can command a premium.

Registration for partnership firm is easy. I'd recommend incorporating your venture by setting up a private limited company. It's an established norm for ventures that are serious about business and gives you a much better negotiating position when you're entering into a deal. Plus, if things go wrong; the liability of the partners in the company (directors) will be limited. Registration costs aren't very big and you should be able to get everything done for < Rs. 15,000. Setting up a private limited company is worth all the initial investment.

Contact your local Chartered Accountant for all the process details. If you are based in India, there are several online services that provide facility to do everything online.
  • Avinash Kodoori
    Avinash Kodoori
    hello meraj . Good to see you on Crazy engineers. Can you work on WordPress ? I am in badly need of someone who can redesign my webpage at pharmawiki.in
  • Suhel Inamdar
    Suhel Inamdar
    dude... 1st take the projects from ur city, like any bank website OR any 5 star hotel etc etc and then U go for big projects

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This freak accident apparently happened in 2006. Reported again on CR4 here: https://cr4.globalspec.com/thread/87620/Engineering-Problem-or-Stupidity?frmtrk=cr4digest Interesting comments. The actual story is here: https://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/hoecrash.asp
Lava Mobiles International has launched a new smartphone in India with LAVA 3G 402+, a revamped version of the Lava 3G 402 Android phone. The newly upgraded phone features a...
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 was launched by the Korean company in November and today it if officially unveiling in India. Bigger in size and processing power than it's younger...
Aston Martin Rapide S has been launched in India, and this luxury car shall be replacing Aston Martin Rapid in global circuits. There's a reason why. This four-doored car is...
HTC has launched a new smartphone in its Desire range of phones with HTC Desire 400. HTC - the major smartphone brand from Taiwan quietly released the Desire 400 smartphone...