Need help for gate preparation

Hello everyone

I m in 3rd year cse branch.i want u ppl to suggest me some good books for theory of computation,compiler design,operating system,databases,software engineering, computer networks,web technology,algorithms,computer organisation and architecture and most importantly for c programming that will help me to prepare for GATE.
Anxiously waiting for ur replies....

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    You r very serious too early. GATE doesnt take this much time to prepare.Anyways here is list of some of the books i would like to recommend. These are standard books. I have written them according to authors as its hard to remember all the titles...😉.Authors belong to same book are separated by "," and authors who belong to different books are separated by ";".

T.O.C. - John Hopcraft,Rajeev Motwani,Jeffry Ullman(Awesome book...must read!!!)
    Compiler Design - Aho,Ravi Sethi, Jeffry Ullman
    Operating System - Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne;William Stalling
    Databases - Elmasri, Navathe(You can also try Korth as navathe is a little bit boring...😀)
    Software Engineering - Pressman
    Computer Networks - Frouzan;William Stallings
    Algorithms - Coreman,Rivest(Its a bible for algorithms)
    Computer Organisation and architecture - Morris Mano
    C programming - Ashok N. Kamthane(For programming); Balaguruswamy(For concepts)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, I have been solving a problem post-fix expression evaluation using stacks for lab in the weekend and encountered a problem "conversion of character data to int". I searched...
Here's a collection software manual testing interview questions and answers, most commonly asked in interviews. 1. Tell us about yourself? (This is to know the person and assess the communication...
I have a lenovo g560 & trying to connect to the projector. But it is not connected to projector and it display on blank screen. please any body give me...
hey Friends😀 Does anyone have the avira license key!:sshhh:
I am using SQLite for my application. when I used truncate command in SQLite it gives me error like " syntax Error near truncate". Can anyone help me to solve...