need help building a windhexe

hi i am incredibly new to this so please don't kill me but i am trying to find any and all information on how to build a windhexe now most of you are wondering what in oprah's name is a windhexe well inorder to answer your question i must reffer you to the following website #-Link-Snipped-#
i am now going to assume you have read that article and ask the following questions about the windhexe design...

1. how large does it have to be to work effectively

2. does it absolutely HAVE to be round

3. what do they mean by a high pressure air source

4. given a 100 psi air input how thick would the walls have to be inorder to be safe

5. the article also says that a heated air source is used is this absolutely necesasary for the device to work correctly

thankyou so much for any support

kamen

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Kamen: Feel incredibly relaxed because we all are incredibly nice (& crazy) people (read engineers) over here. Just make sure you start your discussion threads in appropriate sections. I've moved your thread to other engineering disciplines section for better visibility and responses. Let's hope one of our CEans replies to you soon.
  • gohm
    gohm
    1. I believe it can be scaled to most sizes within reason, knowing this will effect the size and capacity of items.

2.yes

3. the device operates on high pressure hot air which must be supplied by an external source.

4. don't know, neither do I know if 100 psi is sufficient

5. yes, without a heated high pressure air source it is just a storage tank.
  • gunnercoops
    gunnercoops
    Hi
    Check out US patent 6,971,594. I too am looking to build one....was looking at a full size one, using 12mm walls for the cone.
    Looking v expensive at this point. A desk top version would be fun!
    Look forward to hearing how you get on!
  • torque
    torque
    Tornado in a can the Windhexe - YouTube

just thought it would be a good addition.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what are the difficulties in car when it is drived on solar system?
Does anyone have any idea about the written and the interviews conducted by the IIIT ALLAHABAD for the entrance in "Wireless Communication And Computing" for MTech. If possible some one...
Hey CEans, When your writing a program in C++ and an error pops up when your compiling your program leaving you wondering what the error is and scratched your head,...
Hi friends, a few days back i heard that there are sites where we can find Java projects which are not completed but are left for us to complete. i...
I wanted your take on this guys. How many of us s take time out and decisively plan our careers ahead?