Need a lil help in project.. Chip design and some current related thingies.. :P

I need a lil help in this electronic project which i am thinking of making for my final semester. Though i am from a mechanical background but i feel like making this so imma try this project ๐Ÿ˜›
I need to design a switchboard:

• Which accepts current from main source
  • Monitors the usage of current in realtime
  • Send the data (Time the swtich is kept on, and how much money has it consumed while the time it was switched on for) to a computer server/ Mobile server

I know NOTHING related to this field xD
But i am willing to do everything just need some help regarding this topic. Valuable suggestions are welcome ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    There are so many energy metering ICs available in the market,u may use them or else if u just want to monitor the current only then u may go with a CT(current transformer)
  • sauhard
    sauhard
    a.alandkar
    There are so many energy metering ICs available in the market,u may use them or else if u just want to monitor the current only then u may go with a CT(current transformer)
    I know about energy monitoring ics but i need an ic that could send info to a webserver.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    sauhard
    I know about energy monitoring ics but i need an ic that could send info to a webserver.
    Pick up an arduino for your first electronics project.
  • sauhard
    sauhard
    Anand Tamariya
    Pick up an arduino for your first electronics project.
    Arr what xd.. I am not from electrical branch. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    sauhard
    Arr what xd.. I am not from electrical branch. ๐Ÿ˜›
    SO???
  • sauhard
    sauhard
    Anand Tamariya
    SO???
    Kinda new so ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is C++ necessary for systems programming?
Fun Time.. Puzzle Time. What are the next three numbers in this series? 4, 6, 12, 18, 30, 42, 60, 72, 102, 108, ?, ?, ? Brain Teaser, if you...
Dong Nguyen, the creator of over-nightly successful game 'Flappy Bird' is going in for a surprise move. Dong has just tweeted that he's taking the game down from the app...
Just read the news that the leaked benchmarking tests of Galaxy S5 have confirmed the monstrous technical specifications of this phone. Every few months, we see new phone that is...
MX-6 Evo is the world's first 3D printed bicycle developed using metal 3D printer - yep, the printer that prints metallic 3D parts which can be assembled to form structures....