Why is Dong Nguyen Taking Down Flappy Bird Game From App Store?

Dong Nguyen, the creator of over-nightly successful game 'Flappy Bird' is going in for a surprise move. Dong has just tweeted that he's taking the game down from the app store. Note that the Flappy Bird has been made available free of cost to all the users - and it's been raking in approximately $50k in monthly revenues. But money isn't the greatest motivator and in a surprising move, Dong has tweeted that in the next few hours, he's taking down the game from app store! Why? He says it wasn't something he ever wanted. The press was already overrating the simple game and he wants to be left alone for 'peace'.
Peace > $50K, folks!

Will the game go down? We don't know. I've it installed on my Note II since last few days and have saved myself from getting addicted. I realized that the game is almost impossible to play and no matter how hard you try to get the bird afloat in the air by constantly tapping on the screen - it's impossible to get the bird to fly through the gaps between pipes. The bird isn't perfect with the physics; but that could be one of the reasons that makes this game so addictive.

If you have downloaded the game you'll be able to continue to play it. If you haven't, it could be a good idea to download it from the app store while it's available for download.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Just came across this. The creator seems to be tired with the stardom. ☕

Refraining from stardom is unheard of in the paparazzi-crazy times.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    That seems rather odd thing to do. Since the app managed to gain so much popularity, he might have tried to improve the graphics of the game and release a lite (I mean, easy) version of the game. If the game had been conceived by a big game developer studio, they would have made as many versions/variations of the game as possible; yes I am looking at you Rovio (creators of Angry Birds). Dong Nguyen’s reason for pulling the game is even ridiculous, who in this world hates fame?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just read the news that the leaked benchmarking tests of Galaxy S5 have confirmed the monstrous technical specifications of this phone. Every few months, we see new phone that is...
MX-6 Evo is the world's first 3D printed bicycle developed using metal 3D printer - yep, the printer that prints metallic 3D parts which can be assembled to form structures....
by U sing wat type of magnets, we bring magnetic field in ceiling fan??? electro or permanent???? if it s electro,then can we use permanent magnets to create a magnetic...
Hey, this morning I got this crazy dream which I would like to share with you. I saw that I made a time machine and tried to go back in...
hye friends,, when is isro exam...? Did they released notification..? for btech students 2014 passouts...??