NASA NuSTAR Mission Going To Hunt Black Holes; Starting Today!

NASA engineers are all set for launching their all-new space telescope called NuSTAR (Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array) today. This $165 million, two-year mission is aimed at searching the black holes in the universe by doing a scan of the X-ray light at never before reached higher energies. NuStar, which is taking off from the Kwajalein Atoll in the South Pacific, is set on the top of an unmanned Orbital Sciences Pegasus XL rocket, which will be carried into launch position by an L-1011 "Stargazer" jet aircraft.

[​IMG]

Black Holes have fascinated scientists and space engineers for years, because of their mysterious nature. NuSTAR will be an attempt from NASA to reveal these mysteries by finding the exact working of black holes. The space telescope will find the high-energy regions in our universe and track the locations where matter is falling onto black holes, as well as the leftovers from dead stars after they've exploded in supernovas.

NASA will webcast the launch of NuSTAR live online beginning at 10 a.m. EDT (1400 GMT). You can watch the launch live #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BMW has revealed its updated i3 concept car and the iPedelec concept bicycle, at the opening of the world's first BMW i Store in London. The updated i3 is derived...
Opera 12 is now available for download. And yes, it is loaded with new features. The Opera team boasts that its new version will get you faster startup and quick...
There's no such thing as a free lunch, they say. If you are a non-subscriber and regularly use the free calling feature on Skype, you might as well expect the...
Sky City is going to kiss the China skies very soon. With a height of 838m, this skyscraper is going to be the world's tallest building surpassing the insanely famous...
Gamera is a project from a team of aerospace engineers who belong to the Alfred Gessow Rotorcraft Center at University of Maryland. It is a x-shaped, human-powered helicopter that made...