NASA Is Outsourcing Design Of Smartwatch App For Astronauts To Freelancers

NASA is planning to recruit freelancers around the world to design the smartwatch app for astronauts. This smartwatch app will be used by astronauts aboard the International Space Station (ISS) in the ongoing space research program. NASA's Centre of Excellence for Collaborative Innovation aka CoECI has tied up with Freelancer.com, one of the top websites in the world for freelancers, to design the graphical user interface of the new smartwatch app.

The app will be officially called 'Astronaut Smartwatch App' and it is likely to be used by Robonaut 2 - a robotic crew member that helps astronauts on the ISS, informed freelancer.com in a press release. It also informed the potential participants that they can use Samsung Gear 2 as hardware reference to base their designs.

The participating freelancers will have to submit the wireframes in PNG or JPEG format that highlight app's navigation, overall layout, look and feel and other relevant design elements. The official challenge on Freelancer.com briefs that the app will be used for Crew Timeline Application - that will display the agenda with an ability to easily move to a day in past or future. The app will also display caution and warnings in special color codes.

NASA-Smartwatch-Design

The app is required to show the status of audio/video communication between the vehicle and the ground station. In addition, it will be required to be able to set up the timers for various procedures that astronauts perform. For example, the app will inform the astronaut which task they are supposed to perform next. Read the brief on the source link below.

The candidates applying for the contest will be required to have understanding of Android interface design, software architecture, UI design and watchkit. The winners will take away a cash prize of $1500. The contest has already received three entries at the time of writing this update.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# (NASA Challenge)

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, First of all, forgive my poor English. I've completed my bachelors degree in electronics and communication engineering. But I am from an underdeveloped country Nepal located at south Asia....
sir/madam, i am a b.tech 1st year student ,i just wanted to crack either IES or GATE exam please refer me ebooks and preparation tips to start from 1st year...
hello sir/ma'am, I am pursuing b.tech in electronics and instrumentation from UPTU (MIT). Recently I am in the fifth sem and i scored 73% in second year. I have completed...
Hi, I have completed my b.e in aeronautical... Now working in quality control department...though I didn't get job in my core have plan to switch over to banking sector.... Wat...
EMAIL! I have an account, whats a BIG DEAL! Yeh, I agree, if that statement was made by one of my friends. All thanks @Ankita Katdare for motivating to write...